Alaska bighorn hunt

I'm leaving tonight to Homer "just for the Halibut" and then on to Denali for a few days of photography and tundra trekking.

There's a name I haven't seen around in a while...

Have fun up north, we just got back... take hunter orange and WEAR it if you hit the Denali Highway. I've never seen so many idiots in one place, and the sad thing is they're armed. We left early fearing for our lives... seriously. We were caught in the cross fire with some caribou, and were surprised that we didn't get shot... and we were on the ROAD!

We'll go back and fill a caribou tag, hopefully it will have cleared out some from the holiday/opening weekend traffic. Saw quite a few animals, probably 90-100 caribou scattered about, a couple bears, and a few moose. I'm guessing, 1500-1800 hunters and half that many ATVs. Unreal number of people packed into 130 miles of roadway. I have no idea how many motor homes and ATV's we passed on the way home, but it was a bunch, and I'm guessing most were headed north. The slob hunters are out in full force in Alaska, and I have to say they're the worst bunch I've ever been around!

AK Weather

Ivan, glad you and the Missus are back in town for now, I'm hearing the weather is pretty chancy for remote hunts and camps right now - lots of rain and really high winds in parts of the mountain ranges.

Wow, what a great way to start my day! Thanks so much for takeing the time to share your hunt. Spectacular!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
See65
Back