MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Against The Grain - Hunt Talk Edition

Every time i read the word "rotundness" I giggle out loud.
Congrats.

Damn, a man after my own cake, but get your own, I'm eating this one. Great story, and great firearm. Thanks for sharing.

I could have told you that sort of exertion would lead to nothing but illness. Glad you salvaged day 4. What’s the plan for day5?

Ha! I love it. One of my favorite threads in a while.

Hope the flu is firmly in the rear view mirror and you'll be making jerky soon.

Thanks for the comments guys.

I could have told you that sort of exertion would lead to nothing but illness. Glad you salvaged day 4. What’s the plan for day5?

Got up early to chase elk but I’m still not right. Ended up drinking coffee and BSing with the wife till it was time to take the kids to school. Then took the pup bird hunting in a snowstorm. Popped some huns up but missed the shot.

Despite the illness, a pretty good weekend .

Attachments

• CCA5D426-B36A-479A-9C42-98CD43DE3B48.jpg
    CCA5D426-B36A-479A-9C42-98CD43DE3B48.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 241
Vasily Zaytsev would be proud. I remember when I was a kid you could get a case of Mosin Nagants or SKS for about $300 then now they run about that each.

I talked to my dad today, who gave me that Moisin when I turned 18. He said he thought he got it out of Shotgun News for $89 or something like that.

Some folks don’t like mule deer, and I get it. I turn most of mine to jerky. But I marinated those tenderloins for 24 hours in a 50/50 mix of Italian dressing and rasberry walnut vinaigrette. Then grilled it. Tender as could be.My kids barely left any for me

Attachments

• BFE141DA-810B-4A89-9D21-8D191049686E.jpg
    BFE141DA-810B-4A89-9D21-8D191049686E.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 211
Nice job, Bret! I know your time in the woods has been limited this year. Glad you put some meat in the freezer. Hopefully there’s an elk out there with your name on it.

Ha, Love the Nagant with open sights, no less. I've got a box of those bullets.
It doesn't get any more basic than that. well done :hump:

This actually might be my favorite hunt post of all time here. Excellent!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back