Caribou Gear Tarp

Across the pond in the South Pacific

ds

Thought I would share with you all some pics from the year so far. So far so good, with mixed results.
My brother Tony and I packed into New Zealand's Fiordland in an attempt to kill a Wapiti with the bow. As far as I am aware there has not been one taken with archery tackle thus far. Well we were unable able to claim the prize though we sure had a good time trying. She sure is a wild place, thats for certain.
ResizeofNZ2008_22.jpg

ResizeofNZ2008_21.jpg

ResizeofNZ2008Fiordland_405.jpg

Fiorlandcamp2008.jpg

tonystorm1.jpg

namelesslake2.jpg

Had some luck on the Fallow deer while they croaked there lungs out. These critters are awesome to bowhunt during the rut.

Tony's Buck.
ResizeofFallow2008_18.jpg

Fallow deer country.
IMGP2188_1.jpg

My Buck.
IMGP21441_1.jpg

dude.. the first few pictures look like chamois and Tahr country !!! I love that island !!!!

thanx for the Pictures. congrats on the hunt !!!

Thanks for the comments guys.
Moosie, Fiordland is similar to traditional Chamois/Tahr country though in my opinion not as thick nor as high, but she makes up for it in steepness. Fortunately it is vast and as remote as you will find in the region. Luckily it is classed as a fly-free zone so the only way in to the remote areas is by boat then its humping it via shanks pony.

We spent 14 days in there and it wasn't enough, looking forward to a return. :)

Thanks for sharing! NZ definitely looks like a great place to hunt and the variety of game is amazing! Any more pics/stories to share, feel free!! :D

Wow! I think I need to go do a chamois/tahr hunt before my legs get much older...

NZ is a great place for us to stretch our legs in, its nice to have real mountains to play with. Killing a Wap is gonna take some doing though, we plan on have another real go next year. This trip has changed they way we backpack forever, getting the packs down to 22kg for 14days took some doing though.

Anyhows,
Bumped this young fella this morning, these Rage broadheads sure do leave a gaping hole.
Clarkys2008.jpg

Thanks again for the kind comments,
Cheers.

Back