Absolutely Mad Drawing Skills!

Big Sky

My youngest son (the 12 year old) is on a Spiderman kick right now with his art. I bought him some professional grade markers for his birthday. Meaning the same type comic book artist use. They aren't your momma's Magic Marker's or Sharpies, they are FREAKING EXPENSIVE! A set of 24 colors runs about $150.00. However, when he turns out work like this, I think it's money well invested. His reference for this picture was only about the size of a note card. His drawing is 15"x20". He does not trace at all. His level of drawing skills and use of color are absolutely through the roof!

Hunter%20Adams%203-3-15_zpspsutvqai.jpg

I think I would get him into a good art class where people can start seeing his talent.

Pabearhunter, I'm afraid he is stuck with me for a while as his art teacher for a while. I am the art teacher at his school. We live in a small town so getting his art exposure is a little bit of a challenge, but the internet sure does help.

Only thing wrong with that great drawing is a lack of signature on it. Especially when Dad is posting it on the Internet.

Very cool.

Big Sky, it sounds like he is in pretty good hands and you are pretty proud of him as you should be.

Send that in to Marvel. Tell them your 12-year-old son drew it. Maybe include a few more that he just makes up on his own. If he's on a Spiderman kick, maybe do a collage of all the villains or heroes or something. This looks good enough to get some heads turning.

Cornell2012, I actually did spend some time trying to find contact information for Marvel Comics today. I couldn't find an email contact address anywhere. If anyone smarter than me (which isn't that hard to be) can find it, I'd sure like to have it. He actually created his own mini comic book last week featuring Spiderman. It had full page layouts with original drawings and story line. I should probably scan it and let you guys see it. It's pretty impressive.

Cornell2012, I actually did spend some time trying to find contact information for Marvel Comics today. I couldn't find an email contact address anywhere. If anyone smarter than me (which isn't that hard to be) can find it, I'd sure like to have it. He actually created his own mini comic book last week featuring Spiderman. It had full page layouts with original drawings and story line. I should probably scan it and let you guys see it. It's pretty impressive.

I'd like to see that for sure. I'll poke around and see what I can find.

Edit: Found this: http://www.newsarama.com/2596-c-b-cebulski-on-marvel-s-closed-open-submissions-policy.html
Looks like Marvel used to take open submissions but they never wound up hiring anyone from them. It seems today they lurk on image sharing sites (I assume places like flickr, deviantart, reddit, etc) that allow you to display a bunch of work, and that has to get their attention. Then they contact you. If you know someone who would want to write fan comics or start one of your own, that seems like something they'd be interested in, in addition to it being a cool project on its own.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting his work, it's fun to see that level of talent.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back