A well thought out birthday pressie!

devon deer

I have recently been toying with knife making, only done 2 so far which have been a steep learning curve.

I had a milestone birthday on Tuesday (60) some nice presents, and my wife has ordered a fly box from @mdunc8 off here.

But my son and daughter had said when we get back together as a family they would take me out somewhere?

So without me realising I almost ruined it, my mate signed up for a knife making course, I said to my wife 'I fancy doing that' she put me off the idea, I then said ' I think I need to buy some more equipment' once again she wasn't supportive, I should have smelt a rat, she has always supported me in any idea I have (well most, she doesn't really want me hunting overseas again!) so I decided to put my ideas on hold.
What I didn't realise was the panic I was inadvertently causing, my wife was messaging my kids warning them of my plans and the need to act NOW!
So they rang me on a WhatsApp conference call, they had booked me onto a one day knife making course, and also they will be joining me!

Brilliant, I didn't have a clue, it's not until October but I am so looking forward to it.

Cheers

Richard

Happy birthday, Richard! Sounds like you are well on your way to a new hobby! If only you could remember what that was at your advanced age! 🤣 Oh yeah, I'm right behind you. Hmm...

Well Happy birthday from your Montana friends too.
I felt the hardest birthday was my 60th you will get over it.
Family making plans behind your back Humm, good for them...

Good for you, Richard- I look forward to seeing your knife making projects unfold on here. Your first attempt turned out a lot nicer than you gave yourself credit for, I’m sure you will turn out some nice stuff!

Fishing Guide, Fly Casting instructor, Hunting Guide, now knife maker. England's Outdoorsman Extraordinaire. Next you will be designing hunting clothing and making roebuck calls. :D

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back