Caribou Gear

A weird observation

VikingsGuy

My wife and I were talking yesterday about visualizing characters in our minds while reading books (yes we are old enough to still read books). Later that night as I began to read the latest CJ Box book, I realized that through all 20 or so volumes, I have been inserting @BigFin's mug into my mind's eye view of Joe Pickett. Not sure if that is a compliment to Randy, a compliment to Box or a cry for help on my account ;) but either way the character does seem to fit.

Good internal observation! Pickett is a rough, touch, take no crap kind of guy. I'll now insert Randy's mug as I read along too! :)

My wife and I were talking yesterday about visualizing characters in our minds while reading books (yes we are old enough to still read books). Later that night as I began to read the latest CJ Box book, I realized that through all 20 or so volumes, I have been inserting @BigFin's mug into my mind's eye view of Joe Pickett. Not sure if that is a compliment to Randy, a compliment to Box or a cry for help on my account ;) but either way the character does seem to fit.

Randy smiles too much I think, I picture Pickett as the guy who plays Walt Longmire on the show, can't help it...

Who ya got pictured as Nate lol?
I recently lost a good friend to a health event. Dude led a charmed life...all state HS, all American college Defensive end. 6'4" 225 chiseled movie star looks that never seemed to age a day...gentle but definitely not a fellow to mess with. Lived in Hawaii for awhile & won their arm wrestling title. Had a penchant for marrying well. Passed in Durango where he taught ski lessons. Brilliant spiritual fellow, gone way too young, but yea, I can envision him as Romanowski.

I can't envision Pickett as a hunter with a CPA side gig. More of a JLS perhaps.

I have a vision of what Travis McGee looks like in my mind. Trying to vision who would play him in a movie.
Marley Mark did an OK Spencer outside not looking like a real boxer. LOL Like the author did.

Randy is too nice to be Pickett. Just sayin.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back