A tip for camper trailers at remote sites.

It's not like th OP just pulled this out of his backside. The US military uses the same process in some circumstances.

That said, I don't think it is how I'll handle business going forward.
This ain't 'nam. There are rules.

This ain't 'nam. There are rules.
Every Wednesday was shit-burning day at the airfield in Qui Nhon Vietnam in 1969, when indigenous personnel employees (local Vietnamese "sanitation engineers") would burn the 50 gallon drums of feces to dispose of the week's human waste. I typically conjured up a test flight, training flight, or other "mission" to be gone that day.
At times there was flack other than bullets in the air in the combat zone! 🤧

Last edited:
I'm no expert but how cold does it have to be for waste to freeze like that? I would think that a tank full of waste kind of generates it's own heat from decomposition.

Reactions: JEL
We need a poll come the end of the year for the funniest threads. This is right up there. Whale dick is another.

Don't forget marmot in the truck!

I'm no expert but how cold does it have to be for waste to freeze like that? I would think that a tank full of waste kind of generates it's own heat from decomposition.
Especially with a little antifreeze.

Reactions: JEL
The problem isn't the blackwater tank freezing. The problem is the water lines freezing and then you can't flush. :whistle: Been there done that.

DSCN0360.JPG

The problem isn't the blackwater tank freezing. The problem is the water lines freezing and then you can't flush. :whistle: Been there done that.

View attachment 161059

Winterize the fresh water system and keep 5 or 6 gallons of rv antifreeze next to the latrine this will flush to -50. After the trip go home and hook a hose to the bottom of the hot water heater fill black tank and go dump. Easy peasy!

I mean what in the actual f*<k?!
So it would make more sense to let a pile of crappy diapers ferment in the garbage can for a week? I'm sure the city garbage truck crew appreciated the less fragrant Thursday pick up. Sometimes life can be a lot sweeter if you think outside the box.

So it would make more sense to let a pile of crappy diapers ferment in the garbage can for a week? I'm sure the city garbage truck crew appreciated the less fragrant Thursday pick up. Sometimes life can be a lot sweeter if you think outside the box.
Sweet as a honey dipper, on fire, in your house? 😉

I’ve still got one kid in diapers, presently. His dumps are those of a middle aged, obese trucker. It’s gross. Even still, I can’t fathom burning those suckers.

I appreciate your sense of humor, and thank you for your service.

Back