Caribou Gear Tarp

A subjective Rabbit Hole

Subjective alright. Before I started reading this, I suspected Jimi would be #1 (agreed), but Slash doesn't break the Top 100 and Angus Young doesn't break the Top 25? My opinion is probably pretty indicative to era of music I enjoy, but damn.

From Steve Cropper to the likes of Randy Rhodes who's short lived impressionable to say the least.

It's a read along memory lane.

Great article! Subjective though be it marketing methods or populist desired, it's reasonable considering those who stand out vs others who simply played. James Taylor to Eric Clapton.

Enjoyable. Good share Ken.

Subjective alright. Before I started reading this, I suspected Jimi would be #1 (agreed), but Slash doesn't break the Top 100 and Angus Young doesn't break the Top 25? My opinion is probably pretty indicative to era of music I enjoy, but damn.

I was upset by this list when I first encountered it in 2008 when Slash was only in the top 20...

I can see why they might have overlooked Karl Farr because he wasn't that well known individually but leaving Phil Keaggy off the list seems like gross negligence.

Need to change the name to most influential guitarist of all time. The best guitarists (Skill wise) is so subjective. There are kids these days doing stuff with guitars that nobody has even thought of.

GOAT =

1. Technical skill/mastery of all aspects of the instrument

2. Ability to write abundant high quality songs

3. Cutting edge/innovative/revolutionary

4. Achievement of high level of popularity

5. Stage presence/style/showmanship

Based on this criteria, my list goes:

Eddie Van Halen
Jimi

After that it gets subjective. I think Eddie had more technical skill than Jimi.

GOAT =

1. Technical skill/mastery of all aspects of the instrument

2. Ability to write abundant high quality songs

3. Cutting edge/innovative/revolutionary

4. Achievement of high level of popularity

5. Stage presence/style/showmanship

Based on this criteria, my list goes:

Eddie Van Halen
Jimi

After that it gets subjective. I think Eddie had more technical skill than Jimi.
Tend to agree but I'd rather listen to Jimi noodle than the thousand note arpeggios EVH played.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back