Caribou Gear Tarp

A Rollercoaster Ride Through The CO Alpine

Congratulations! Wonderful write up. I hate to debone if I don’t have to. It might be in my head but it seems if I can keep the meat on the bone until I process, it is more tender.

Awesome write up, way to stay after it and close the deal!

Awesomeness!

I applaud your creative photoshopping to limit internet sleuthing

I wondered if your first meatpole was simply a lucky find, or did you fell a tree for hanging?

That pack out photo in the swampy blowdown should be mandatory viewing for any solo hunters to consider their decisions before the shot.

Congratulations, great bull and thank you for sharing that story with us !

Great write up and pic's. That would be a heck of a pack for two guys but by yourself WOW!!!

What gun and load did you use. Were you able to recover the bullet?

Awesomeness!

I applaud your creative photoshopping to limit internet sleuthing

I wondered if your first meatpole was simply a lucky find, or did you fell a tree for hanging?

That pack out photo in the swampy blowdown should be mandatory viewing for any solo hunters to consider their decisions before the shot.

Plenty of blow down meat poles to go around.

Great write up and pic's. That would be a heck of a pack for two guys but by yourself WOW!!!

CVA Wolf, 95 grains of 209, 300 gr Thor

I did not, I usually do, and I wish I had. Once I sliced my thumb open I was trying to limit how soaked it continued to get in elk blood and I balked at digging around his chest cavity for it.

CVA Wolf, 95 grains of 209, 300 gr Thor

I did not, I usually do, and I wish I had. Once I sliced my thumb open I was trying to limit how soaked it continued to get in elk blood and I balked at digging around his chest cavity for it.

Congrats on the bull!

Sorry about your thumb! One thing I've been doing the last couple years is buying cheap kevlar gloves on Amazon, and I wear one on my off-hand to prevent cuts or nicks in the field. They're so cheap I usually don't even bother to clean them after field dressing an animal.

Congrats on the bull!

Sorry about your thumb! One thing I've been doing the last couple years is buying cheap kevlar gloves on Amazon, and I wear one on my off-hand to prevent cuts or nicks in the field. They're so cheap I usually don't even bother to clean them after field dressing an animal.

Good idea may have to get some, thanks for sharing.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing and including so many amazing photos!!! It's late here, just wrapping up another day of onion harvest, and at the risk of too-much-info, I needed to relieve a bladder when I started reading this thread, now I MUST say goodnight (and WOW what a hunt).

Even back in my physical prime I would not have done that hunt without packhorses and I had access to many. Some of the places some of you young studs pack out game now days makes my roids hurt! The wilderness areas were my happy place back then, with not many people! Today's trend in the high country depresses me!

Had to keep counting and recounting, that's a really big, thick 5-point! Nice write-up and thanks for sharing.

Reactions: trb
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back