A Poor Elk Hunter With A Good Elk Tag

So how’d the hunt go? Any info on this unit would be great! Looking to draw this tag next year. Thanks

Great adventure! Thanks for the write up :)

Wow, I just read the whole thread! Shooting *any* bull at two yards is a trophy if you ask me! What an experience. I can't imagine the heart pump and adrenaline rush that must have been. I shot my bull at five yards this year (closest ever shot), and that was wild, just can't imagine being six feet away. Congratulations sir!

This was so cool and an archery shot at a mature bull at 6 feet!!?? Epic!! I love these threads where we get to "tag" along. That will be a memory not soon forgotten for sure. Nice work NR!

Inch by inch. Even dragging a bull downhill on dry ground alone is an inch by inch thing. I backed the truck up to the hill and dropped the tailgate and it was about even with the slope of the hill. Tough part was getting the tailgate closed. Kind of a one-armed hip sled/deadlift pull and pray.

Pretty glorious feeling.

View attachment 116281
what a great way to "reflect" on your success. :D

Somehow I missed or forgot about this thread. Just read thru the whole thing. That was an awesome adventure. Thanks for sharing it was good reading for sure.

Final piece to the story I suppose.

Got a letter from FWP today regarding the tooth I sent them. The bull was aged at 5.5 years old. Certainly young for a bull of the Elkhorns, and about what I figured.

He was born in the spring of 2014, very close to the same time as one of my sons. His meat is nearly all gone, and my sons have had a big part in it too.

ECD086F2-11B8-4BBF-9E26-74706209738B.jpeg

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back