A Moment You're Looking Forward To

The 1st summer storm.
Felt some drops & got the smell with a rumble in the sky last evening. A tease.

Sticking the first big carp of the summer with the fly rod and my first trip to see whats bulls were caught on the trail cam

The first and last day of our upcoming house build.
Hunting wise, when I start the truck and head northwest for Wyoming antelope. And the first sit of the year trying to get my son a whitetail.

Two things. First, I'm almost done with a PhD dissertation, so the culmination of 21 years of school will be pretty cool. The 2nd, my dad drew an awesome elk tag in New Mexico, and I may be more excited about helping him, than I would be if it was mine.

Curious to know your topic? Or at least field of study if topic let's out too much info. We went through the dissertation nightmare a couple years ago for my wife. Ag for her.

I'm simple on this one. A Frickin' break from the 50-60+ hrs/wk of working every d@mn day !

I haven't been to the range a single day, which means I've not reloaded a single new round, nor made any progress with any of my loads.

Work has put a halt on my even considering if/when/where I might think of hunting this fall...and time is running out for the draw deadlines.

I'm HOT for another WY 'Lope hunt and getting anxious about the Yah, or Nah factor.

Having my family together and watching my middle son graduate college next weekend with a civil engineering degree......then summer! I love summer in MT!

Deadlines are right now in Az.! lLooking forward to teaching my niecies how to trout fish.
Tournament rules apply...Might be a family tradition.

To see my youngest in his travel baseball uniform. Seeing him succeed at something that has always came easier for his older brother put in a light in his eye that I can't get enough of.

To see my oldest hit his first HR of the season. It makes him light up like a Christmas tree.

To see my wife after she accomplishes a running goal she set for herself this year. She's worked hard and diligent for it.

To see my dog lock up on the first wild bird of the fall.

Summer Family vacation with the family in Nashville and then the Smokies. Hopefully getting to put on my backpack with enough supplies to last 8 days in CO looking for an Elk.

I've got lots of things to look forward to this year. My wife and I are moving back to Idahome in July, elk camp with my Father-in-Law and his brothers in September, an elk hunt with my 3 closest friends in Colorado, and most of all, we're expecting our first child on/around 12/8. That's the big one for me...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back