Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A little humour for your day

Well I watched a "professional" lay a gravity irrigation pipe out of the ground with a grade rod. And another create a 1/4 mile long air lock using a level. So.... I'm going to keep spec'ing out pipe laser requirements.

push and hold...
I came out of the job trailer one day to check on the excavator and he had left his grade laser on a pipe slope. My entire job site sloped at 1/4“ per foot. There was a heated discussion.

I came out of the job trailer one day to check on the excavator and he had left his grade laser on a pipe slope. My entire job site sloped at 1/4“ per foot. There was a heated discussion.
You guys out west seem like you deal with a some real half assed contractors. That kind of thing here you'd be gone in a blink of an eye.

You guys out west seem like you deal with a some real half assed contractors. That kind of thing here you'd be gone in a blink of an eye.
It’s a symbiotic relationship in the west. There are not multiple subs to choose from! If you fire them there is only so much self performing you can do. QC is a full time job! Most of Montana has no building inspectors either!
Not to hijack a joke thread that I love!

Idk I don't trust it, also never go off of a hub, always bench in from a bench mark that's my golden rule.
See, here pipe crews treat a survey stake like it’s a contract document.

Most of my heated discussions begin with “I don’t care what survey wrote in the stake, the rim elevation is 6’ higher!”

I always figured the day would come when this thread would die because it became too political or too sexual -- never thought being too "mathy" would be its downfall.

Mathematical humor is an acquired taste, apparently. Better than surveyor quality control.

You know this exactly to opposite of today's schools. But a decade ago maybe.

If you aren't struggling to stay above water in school, ya ain't learning nuttin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back