Caribou Gear Tarp

A little humour for your day

Mathematical humor is an acquired taste, apparently. Better than surveyor quality control.

You know this exactly to opposite of today's schools. But a decade ago maybe.

If you aren't struggling to stay above water in school, ya ain't learning nuttin.
I was the No child left behind era… middle and high school seemed to be just a never ending series of high stakes tests and prep for those test.

Calc was just, this is what you need to memorize to get a 4 or 5 on the AP test.

You guys out west seem like you deal with a some real half assed contractors. That kind of thing here you'd be gone in a blink of an eye.
When I was in college, I applied for a summer job as a Survey tech. with the Oregon Department of Highways. At the interview I was told that the biggest part of the job would be inspecting construction sites. The job description didn't mention anything about having knowledge of construction specs, so I asked if there would be training. No, that wasn't necessary because the job would consist of driving an official state vehicle, wearing an official state hard hat and carrying a clipboard. That was enough to keep the contractors honest. I didn't get the job, but I still hear that guy's voice whenever approaching a newly constructed or repaired bridge.

Back in the 80's I sold a concrete pump to a fellow in Amarillo. His one condition was that I assist his crew their first day of operating it on a swimming pool. Now I didn't know deuces about practically any of it so I called a friend who did. He told me when the concrete truck arrived to climb up and look in the output for a good 5 seconds then tell the driver to add more water.

That's it, worked like a charm.

Back