A little humour for your day

Also, I would argue that's just not true. People may not engage in solving problem using calculus, but it's used behind the scenes by almost everyone almost everyday.
I am talking about a layperson actually understanding and using the topic - not that they benefit from some distant professional who used the discipline. If that is the standard both are essential.

I couldn't fit calculus in my busy HS schedule (foreign language, physics, chemistry, trig). I still managed to eventually get a PhD. Had a hard time with stats classes though. I don't see how anyone could ever build (or dig) anything without at least passing HS trig.
I couldn’t fit calculate, foreign lang, physics, chemistry, trig in my busy HS schedule because of booze, chics, and the dang parties.
But I did get a job as a US Army enlisted executive.
Where we excelled in chics, booze, and ballistics!!!!!

See what I did there, added a skill.

You guys are all screwed with the next generation in this whole math argument. My buddy was talking about how his 11 yo girl was doing math this last year and he was trying to help. Was telling her how to do it and she kept insisting it was wrong. She got it wrong on her homework. Teacher talked to him later and said "you can't teach your daughter to do it that way, we are teaching it this way now " 🤦‍♂️
Same here with my step son.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back