Caribou Gear

A hunt'n we did go....part one

Daniel in Ak

Seems some of the boys in the military had Friday off so why not go hunt'n right? Come along for another weekend fun with me.First off we started bird hunting Friday morning and saw absolutly nothing for miles.Kind of hard to find these birds this time of year since Im not use to hunting this late in the season,but I dont give up easily and BAM! I spotted one...
P32500012.jpg

I invited two other guys with me on this hunt as they also are leaving for Iraq soon,and Earl brought along his Chocolate lab pup who claimed my prize :) So ya'll meet Gunner.
P32500032.jpg
And a few miles down the road I had that feeling and made my partner stop while I looked out over an area.After two minutes of standing there I guess this ruffy got nervous,and so here he is with his first bird...
P32500052.jpg

One of the fellas had to be back that afternoon,and so we met up an hour later to hunt close to home.And Jeremy managed to bag his first Snowshoe hare...Here he is post holing himself knee deep in snow looking for it.
jhare1a.jpg

And the happy hunter.
jhare1c.jpg

Now Saturday morning I decided to take them to a different area.The same area where last week my other bud got his sharptail.
Here are the quads atop the first hill.Took this picture while two of the boys walked out a trail..
P32600012.jpg

After this it was like hunting with Ed,Edd and Eddy.Here's eddy number one....
P32600082.jpg

Eddy number two...
P32600092.jpg

And eddy number three helping out number one and two get number ones quad winched out.
P32600102.jpg

More to follow...

a hunt'n we will go..part two

after all the that we (they) decided they'd better follow me from now on and bird hunt'n we will go...
Ran down a ridge and of course eddy did not stop where I did and went to far and of course spooked a sharptail up,which flew down the ridge and jumped two more up argh..Well I manged to find two others and let eddy shot his first sharpie..
P32600112.jpg

and off to the next spot where Ed decided to run up a hill I wanted to walk up and not spook any birds....so ed was gone when we got there but edd and eddy would follow me...And of course we lost ed's bud eddy so edd and I went back to the quads,while I told ed to find eddy and run down there along the brush and see If he could flush some Ptarmigans..
And of course ed and eddy found to coveys and ed screwed it all up and went to blazing away...Anyhow they both manged to bag there first Ptarmigans ever,which I thought was cool,Im happy for them.
P32600172.jpg

But just before that I told ed and eddy to come over here for a photo where idiot uh! eddy busted his heehee and no his not hugging his birds lol.
P32600152.jpg

All there birds.
P32600142.jpg

Ed and Eddy the "big game hunters"...
P32600192.jpg

Such a good day to see them boys get there first birds...but a good day can turn bad...On the way home a dog ran under Eddy's trailer and well he manged to loose his quad off the trailer..
P32600202.jpg

Here's Ed calling the wives to let them know why they are now three hours late at getting home,when the truth is they was hunt'n,so I guess the accident saved thier marriages :)
P32600252.jpg

Notice that Ed is wearing my gloves because his feet where cold...cause his socks and boots where soaked.Whata pal I am.
P32600253.jpg

Well thats my weekend in a nut shell.Happy Easter everyone

I'm glad you explained that, because I was wondering what the hell he had on his feet!

You ARE a pal!

I'm glad they got their first birds (and rabbit.) Congrats! It looks like fun - cold, but fun!

Thanks Calif Hunter,I thought I had better explain the feet thing lol.Glad ya liked the story.

And John thanks alot also.Im glad ya liked it also.

LMAO A good hunt is nice, a good story is priceless. :D

Busted his heehee
happy44.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back