Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

A grand display of the American flag!

I love watching that also seen it several times , always love Lee Greenwoods song add the horse n Flag how can you not get a lump in your throat

Save your ticket stubs, you can get into Billy Bob's free with your ticket stub.
Three dance floors, three bandstands and bull riding in the back
Well, I don't dance, I would BET they play country music, and at 60 I don't know if I would survive a mechanical bull! :rolleyes:

Save your ticket stubs, you can get into Billy Bob's free with your ticket stub.
Three dance floors, three bandstands and bull riding in the back
I stopped there once on a Thursday night when I was passing through town when nothing was going on just to drink a beer and pay my respect to the Jason Boland and Ragweed live albums.
there’s the Opry, there’s Woodstock, Lola...
and then there’s billy bobs.

Well, I don't dance, I would BET they play country music, and at 60 I don't know if I would survive a mechanical bull! :rolleyes:
They DO have a mechanical bull, but the bull riding in the back is real live bulls! 🙂

....and you can bet your bottom dollar, of it's playing at Billy Bob's, it's country!
WHAT genre of country may be open to interpretation! But remember, I'm 70, MY idea of country IS NOT what some groups play! LOL!

I stopped there once on a Thursday night when I was passing through town when nothing was going on just to drink a beer and pay my respect to the Jason Boland and Ragweed live albums.
there’s the Opry, there’s Woodstock, Lola...
and then there’s billy bobs.
Cheap Bourbon Whiskey and Pearl Snap Shirts. Love that Jason Boland song.

We'll see. If we make it down there for the race the wife will probably want to go. I can't stand country music but she likes it. Real bulls may make a difference!

We'll see. If we make it down there for the race the wife will probably want to go. I can't stand country music but she likes it. Real bulls may make a difference!
You get much beyond George Strait and Alan Jackson and I have a hard time calling it "country"! It's more "southern rock" like the Marshall Tucker Band and ZZ Top.
There aren't many Merle Haggard, Johnny Cash, Buck Owens style acts left.

Country coming out of one speaker in a dash covered in sun cracks... been there!
Made many a mile listening to WBAP 820AM and the "Bill Mack All Night Open Road Show"
On the rare occasion, you could get WSM and the Opry!
FM radio? What the hell is that?

Don’t let them babies grow up to be cowboys.
Waylon and Jesse lived at Blackfoot, Texas out on the boondocks.
Not really a "town" just a wide spot in the road (Texas 119) between Palestine and Athens.
First time I saw Willie Nelson was in 1969 at the El Paisano motel in Pearsall, Texas. His band had a "gig" at the Wishing Well just south of town and wanted a room to clean up and get dressed.
When he left, I asked the owner who it was. He held the card out at arms length, squinted and said, "Willie Nelson?"
"Who's that?", I asked.
"I dunno. Never heard of him." he replied.
Little did we know! 😆

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back