Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

A fresh start

Where did this happen? Did you manage to save the big tree on the street? Interesting that the crawl space is not interconnected. No worries about ventilation? Or are there vacant compartments inside the forms? Doesnt appear that crawl space will leave much room for accessing plumbing etc. You really will be crawling! Because of surface bedrock here (Canadian Shield) many homes are built with core floor concrete slab design. Hot water heating in the slab is very popular and I'm told it's very comfortable.

Oh wait ... my bad ... those are forms for the footings only. Duh!! Keep us updated. Are you rebuilding what was burned or a new design?

Good Lord … I don't wish that on anyone. They say, "God doesn't give you something you cannot handle". Stay strong.

I’m glad you’re able to break ground on the new place, @gouch . I hope it all goes well and that insurance does right by you guys.

Glad to hear things are progressing. I haven't been off the highway on the west side in a while. Been wondering if homes were popping back up.
It is starting to come back slowly. In my area there are now four houses, counting mine, that are starting to get built. But yesterday there was 10 times the activity out there that I have seen to date. A lot of cleanup and several more foundation pads being laid. Really good to see.
Where did this happen? Did you manage to save the big tree on the street? Interesting that the crawl space is not interconnected. No worries about ventilation? Or are there vacant compartments inside the forms? Doesnt appear that crawl space will leave much room for accessing plumbing etc. You really will be crawling! Because of surface bedrock here (Canadian Shield) many homes are built with core floor concrete slab design. Hot water heating in the slab is very popular and I'm told it's very comfortable.

Oh wait ... my bad ... those are forms for the footings only. Duh!! Keep us updated. Are you rebuilding what was burned or a new design?
We had a lot of fires here in Oregon this year and I got to see one up close and personal. No the big maple didn't make it but that smaller tree in the background on the left of the dead pine is a 30 year old apple tree that is still alive.

I am wishing you and your neighbors the best 2021 you can manage. It’s been a tough year and you all deserve some good karma coming your way.

Glad to see you building back @gouch, so sorry about what happened. I take it your from over in the valley, you folks got hammered this past fire season, I think it caught everyone by surprise to have so many that far west?

Having gone through a rebuild after a house fire it's a great opportunity to truly get a fresh start. Obviously the stress and loss can suck, but embracing a new beginning can be pretty cathartic. I hope you can make the most of it and enjoy a fresh start.

Back