Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

A former reloader dying inside

Have you thought about having Hammer do the load? I think it runs around $500. E. WA to Bitterroot Valley is a great road trip
I reached out to them. I’m excited for a new project to obsess over. JLS knows and trusts them. It seems all on here do too.

I just bought a brick of CCI250s, and I have 8 pounds of RL16. I’m pretty confident we’ll have that gun dialed in fast. We’re waiting for Steve’s recommendation for powder. I have enough odds and ends we should be able to try a few different loads out.

I just bought a brick of CCI250s, and I have 8 pounds of RL16. I’m pretty confident we’ll have that gun dialed in fast. We’re waiting for Steve’s recommendation for powder. I have enough odds and ends we should be able to try a few different loads out.
Is R16 gonna be a bit to quick? I’ve never loaded hammers, but just gut checks a little fast for a 300 WM.

Is R16 gonna be a bit to quick? I’ve never loaded hammers, but just gut checks a little fast for a 300 WM.
Not sure. Nosler load data is putting this bullet combo right in the middle of the 4350-4831 burn range. RL16 is rally damn similar to H4350.

One Hammer user has used H4350 with the 160HH to hit 3400 fps. H4831 was about 200 fps slower.

3400 seems exceedingly fast for a 160. Awesome if you can get that without pressure signs. I've had good luck with RL23 pushing 174HH, just a little bit heavier.

Just got this from Steve. Talk about prompt and solid info too.

Hey Nick,

With the mag restriction I think you are right on the money with the 160g Hammer Hunter. As far as loading I think I would start with rl23. You are pretty wide open as far as acceptable powders in the 4350 and 4831 burn rates.

Steve Davis

Hammer Bullets

406-261-0010

Now to try to find rl23… 4350 and 4831… I spent an hour online tonight. No luck. Lots of scams. Phone calls tomorrow. I’m in Spokane if anyone has any leads. The thrill of the hunt!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back