Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Henry 45-70 is a tack driver!

A207X2

Can't believe it, but at 100 yards with the Leupold VX-5HD 1-5x24 Firedot I was shooting 1" groups inside the bull. It was rivaling my Browning BAR 30.06 with a Leupold VX-5HD 3-15x44 Firedot. I was not expecting that kind of accuracy out of that rifle. To say that I'm pleased is an understatement. It started pouring rain today so I had to pack up and leave, but I can't wait to get out to the 200 yd range and see how well the Leupold CDS works. I only have the turret for the 30.06 with Buffalo Bore ammo, but I'm looking forward to trying it. For the 45-70 I believe I can calculate the ballistics for now until I can settle on my ammo of choice.

Glad it is surpassing your expectations. I have a 450 Bushmaster that by far has shot the best group for me, right in the neighborhood of .2"

My father used to have a Marlin 444 that would do the same thing. Shot better than most bolt rifles and was an absolute menace in the whitetail woods. He was going through a breakup one year and needed the $ so he gave me the option to buy it before he sold it to someone else. I still kick myself for not scrounging up the funds at the time (broke college student just out of the Army) and buying it from him. At least it would have stayed in the family.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back