Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

A former reloader dying inside

Hammsolo

I sold my reloading equipment long ago amid a financial crisis… I regret it. I have the money now, but I don’t have the time. I want a single custom hand loaded elk round in my new 300wm with Leupold CDS turret. Does anyone have experience with custom hand loaders? I’m looking at Hendershot and Custom Ammunition right now. Open to any advice.

Check with unknown munitions. They offer a load developing service that is well reviewed. They will also give you the load data so you can load it yourself if you ever get back into it. I took their reloading class last year and it was excellent.

I bought some already loaded 30-06 ammo from Unknown Munitions when things were scarce and it shoots great. I have chatted with their load development manager at the range a few times and sounds like they are extremely busy. I debate on using them for load development or taking their class and doing DIY. Would be starting from scratch on equipment for me.

I bought some already loaded 30-06 ammo from Unknown Munitions when things were scarce and it shoots great. I have chatted with their load development manager at the range a few times and sounds like they are extremely busy. I debate on using them for load development or taking their class and doing DIY. Would be starting from scratch on equipment for me.
Think you could get a homie the hook-up on some H1000?

Apparently Unknown will also reprocess your brass so you don't have to buy fresh stuff each time. No idea if that saves much, but it might help when components are scarce.

Apparently Unknown will also reprocess your brass so you don't have to buy fresh stuff each time. No idea if that saves much, but it might help when components are scarce.
I think that’s only an option if the brass originally came from them. As in you bought a 50 batch with ADG brass, they’ll load it back up for you.

So JLS and I are going on a conquest! Going to team up on reloading. My rifle is built off a Tikka. 1-11 twist. Looking at the 30 160 Hammer Hunter. Any experience all? JLS has some great ideas. Time for a reloading rebirth.
Have you thought about having Hammer do the load? I think it runs around $500. E. WA to Bitterroot Valley is a great road trip

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back