Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A few Pix from La Paz

Calif. Hunter

Here is Michael with the first catch of the trip - a skipjack.

skipjack.jpg

Here he is fighting his first dorado, with help from Cap'n Chris Jones -

mikey_fighting_fish.jpg

This is the one he was fighting - also in the picture is my friend's son, Joshua, and Chris.

mikey_s_1st_dorado.jpg

Here are the boys, each with their first dorado.

mikey_and_joshua_s_dorado.jpg

This is the first day's catch -

first_day_s_catch.jpg

There are more pictures, but I am having trouble with my Kodak Easyshare software and saving pictures to my hard drive... as I get that resolved, I 'll post some more.

Here are some more -

The biggest dorado. Mikey fought it for about 40 minutes before handing me the pole to land it. You can see how sweaty his hair is. Ignore the SPF 45 smeared all over me... ;)

biggest_dorado.jpg

Mikey, the swabie!

swabie.jpg

Cap'n Mike!

cap_n_michael.jpg

This is the boat we spent 4 days and nights on - pretty small for 6 people! We were very proud of how well the boys did, no fights, arguments, etc.

our_boat.jpg

Cali, awesome pics!

reminds me of that george strait song:
Dad, this could be the best day of my life.
I've been dreamin' day and night about the fun we'll have.
Just me and you doin' what I've always wanted to.
I'm the luckiest boy alive,
This is the best day of my life.

I've been real busy lately, with our parent company merging with B of A, my involvement with the Scouts (Michael is not a Boy Scout yet), upcoming Friends of the NRA dinner next weekend, pistol matches, etc - so it was really good to psend some realy, intense quality time with Mikey.

I am totally convinced that most of the problems with kids (and ultimately society) today is lack of parental time spent with their kids and lack of parental involvement with their kids' activities.

Cali:

That is some cool stuff. You will never regret taking the time to do that with the boys.

Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Rick,

Excellent pictures. Some day I'll catch some salt water fish. Did you drive down or fly?

I've heard the Dorado are top rate table fare.

We flew down - a 2-hour flight from LA. They are my favorite fish for the table - grilled with a little olive oil brushed on and lemon-herb pepper, pan fried with a light batter, marinated overnight and smoked, poached in salsa or baked in foil with lemon, garlic and butter - it's all good!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back