Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

A favor for a Sponsor

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Posting this as a favor for the good folks over at onXmaps. Seems some people don't like onXmaps because they brand their app as HUNT and they have logo'd branding called "Team Hunt."

See the quote below from Matt Seidel that he sent to the onXmap Facebook group. Matt posts here often, but is probably too humble to ask Hunt Talkers for help. So, I will.

HELP NEEDED. As you are all aware anti-hunters have become very good at mobilizing through social media and other avenues. This now includes App Reviews, since the HUNT App is any easy target we have been getting lots of 1 star reviews. We are able to have most of these successfully removed but some get through the cracks.

We have thousands of happy customers with new users everyday but these negative reviews really hurt us. We have currently spent almost 12 months in development/resources for the launch of our 3.0 version of the Hunt App this August. We have added some awesome stuff that I will be sharing shortly.

What I would like now is if you can take the time to leave an appropriate review in the Google Play or iTunes store for the Hunt App based on your experience we would appreciate it. I know you all probably have a network of friends that are using the App as well so if you can spread the word that we need reviews we would be greatly appreciated. Often times the people with negative opinions are often the most vocal even if they are the minority.

Thanks,

Matt

I've went and posted my comments. If you have a positive impression of their product and their app, I would ask the favor of you doing the same. Thanks in advance for any help you provide.

HuntingGPSMaps/onXmaps has been an outstanding sponsor/donor to the conservation organization I am involved with, for years. One of the best. Consider it done.

Standard issue with NMG&F here now,and always there for me.
Don't know how many miles and days onXmaps has saved me. Not to count the possibly difficult encounters that could have happened without knowing where I was,exactly. Or who owns it .
I'll actually sign in to a Goggle to give onXmaps, 5stars Just posted 5 Stars on Amazon site......

Last edited:
I should point out that the HUNT app is pretty darn cool. Here is a screenshot from my phone. Land ownership, landowner names, unit boundaries....very helpful. Technology like this will nearly eliminate GPS use by the average hunter in the future, I'm guessing.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 618
That is too bad there are people out there that can't focus on their own well being but rather focus on destroying other peoples well being for no good reason other than because they don't agree with someones way of life. onXmaps is a great tool for everyone to know the grounds they are recreating in and around. Consider this done.

It's done no problem. I really like there app and it comes I handy a lot. Nice to know who's door to knock if your looking to hunt a neighbor property. Thanks to on x for a quality product.

I tried the iTunes and google play website and couldn't find any way to submit a review and my children are gone for 3 weeks so they can't tell me how ;). [edit - I was serious - does anyone have a link to a place where you can submit a review?]

Last edited:
I use the gps version but it definitely saved me from doing something stupid last year on a RFW hunt and is great to use. I will do what I can.

I use the gps version and downloaded the app on my phone. it work great. I called them to for support and they are always very helpful. I will post a review.

I don't have a smart phone, so I don't have the App.
But I have there SD card in my GPS, and it is Awesome, I would never hunt out of State again without it.

Kevin

I just ordered a new GPS from Cabelas. My next purchase will be the HUNT chip from OnX

I love their products. I just wonder why they would sponsor such a stupid show as Shed Wars.

I should point out that the HUNT app is pretty darn cool. Here is a screenshot from my phone. Land ownership, landowner names, unit boundaries....very helpful. Technology like this will nearly eliminate GPS use by the average hunter in the future, I'm guessing.

Oak, thanks for sharing your honeyhole!!!

I'll leave a positive review on the Apple App Store. I love my Hunt app and use it regularly!!!

I love their products. I just wonder why they would sponsor such a stupid show as Shed Wars.

Haha. I've watched that show a couple times. I find it moderately entertaining. A bunch of goofballs but I wish I lived where I could find sheds like that!!

There is 9 5-star ratings on the iOS app. I'd say it is pretty well received.

I don't have a smartphone and therefore haven't downloaded the app, so it wouldn't let me provide a review. However, I can't imagine going back to hunting without their chips. Best money I ever spent.

Back