A Family’s First Western Exposure

Trip looks amazing.

Congrats on the Elk. I’m heading out to Wyoming with a Cow tag in a few weeks and hope to harvest my first Elk.

What kind of camper are you towing around?

I’m towing a 19ft travel trailer from Pa that has some the anxiety level on high. Figure crossing the plains with winds is going to be sketchy.

We just have a small enclosed trailer. The winds are not too bad but the hills are. Kills gas mileage when you have to run 3 rd gear to keep enough momentum to make it to the top.

Wow, great photos and story so far! Awesome you guys got "cowboy'd" up. Nice elk, Yes my son's first deer we did gutless but then turned into a dissection and anatomy lesson. Pretty amazing how God put these creatures together for us to take them apart again.

We just have a small enclosed trailer. The winds are not too bad but the hills are. Kills gas mileage when you have to run 3 rd gear to keep enough momentum to make it to the top.

That’s good to hear. Am a little nervous but so excited to hunt for two weeks. Now if only the elk will cooperate.

Awesome narrative and family vacation. Congrats on the cow and success so far! Keep up the great adventure!
Hope you fill the antelope tags soon.

I’m towing a 19ft travel trailer from Pa that has some the anxiety level on high. Figure crossing the plains with winds is going to be sketchy.

High winds are no joke. If it's bad, pull over. I've seen more than one semi, camper, travel trailer blown over around Elk Mountain on the interstate.

This brings a end to today’s Antelope hunt. We saw around a hundred we couldn’t hunt and after 8 hours checking HMA’s and several miles of shoe leather we saw 6 we could hunt. 2 over a mile away in a unstalkable spot. 2 doing Mach 18 that are in Montana by now. Then we jumped 2 that were tucked in behind a hill we checked. In a 40 mph crosswind it wasn’t even worth raising a rifle. Hopefully tomorrow is better. Now off to the Pool and Jacuzzi.

Awesome job! I think it's so cool that y'all are doing this as a family. Thanks so much for letting us follow along. Me, the wife, and our 2 kids are planning a move out to WY or MT next summer. We won't have any family close by so our outdoor adventures will probably be really similar to yours for a while. I hope they are at least. Your thread is definitely encouraging for us. Congratulations on 2 punched tags and some great memories.

Awesome job! I think it's so cool that y'all are doing this as a family. Thanks so much for letting us follow along. Me, the wife, and our 2 kids are planning a move out to WY or MT next summer. We won't have any family close by so our outdoor adventures will probably be really similar to yours for a while. I hope they are at least. Your thread is definitely encouraging for us. Congratulations on 2 punched tags and some great memories.

I am glad you found it encouraging. That is a big part of why I chose to share all of this. I wanted folks to see that it can be done with younger families and the challenges that it brings.

Congrats on the first buck! And I love the constant updates of the whole thing - we need more of that on the forum.

Once again great uplifting story and pictures.All of us kids left home many moons
ago and moved across country from one another.We still hunt and fish,just not together.
Glad to see your taking the opportunity to do so while they are still young and enjoy the
adventures. Maybe they will become "Addicted" too!🔥

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back