A Family’s First Western Exposure

Addicting

Loading the truck and camper this morning for a 9 day trip to Wyoming and back. We will leave later tonight after the kids and wife get home. This will be my wife and kids first trip West and my Wife’s first hunt. Have a lot of great stops planned out with a little hunting in between. 3 tags, a few National Monuments, a waterfall, and a couple tractors. I will do this one as a picture day by day. Hopefully, they will fall in love with heading west just as I did.

Be safe and have a great trip!
Been wanting to take my wife for years now. Is it possible to visit the west and not become addicted??

Been wanting to take my wife for years now. Is it possible to visit the west and not become addicted??

Right now there is the pre trip anxiety for most everyone, especially my wife. She is super nervous about hunting, taking a life, and crying. Randy’s recent women’s podcast helped but there is still fear of the unknown for her. She has practiced hard all summer and I know she will do just fine.

This is a big part of why I made it more vacation than hunting. I am hoping that with a heavier balance of excursions that she creates fond memories. Memories we can share at a dinner table with some harvested protein.

Festus: I don't think it is possible to visit it and not become addicted. I have hunted the last four years in MT. This year, during the summer, my wife went with me. We covered 4300 miles, 12 states, and 4 National Parks. The drive through the Bighorns as well as across Wyoming between the Grand Tetons, and Rocky Mountain National Park is what locked her in. She absolutely loved the beauty, the wide open spaces, and all of the changes in topography. Take the wife!!!

Vacation is what it's all about,making hunting secondary makes it more enjoyable for the family.
Have fun,and lots of pics make memories. 🔥

I was fortunate enough to fall in love with the west before I was married. I then moved west and found a wife there. Made it easy for me to stay in the Rockies for over 25 years now! My wife and I have talked about moving back east to be close to my family, but it just never seemed right.

Hey Addicting, let me know when you get ready to buy that new home in SW Montana.

I’m way too plump to out run all of your grizzlies!

We are actually going to try and spend a few hours in a couple towns across Wyoming. That should help narrow down our search area. I will be retired by December. Then I just have to hope my wife’s crappy boss keeps pushing her buttons and then goodbye MI.

Good luck, I’ll be following along! I’ve been in love with the mountains and the west since I was a little kid, after getting married my wife wanted to go to the beach for vacation and I consented on the condition that we went to spend a week in the Rockies the next summer vacation. She loved it! I didn’t realize how much until the year after she wanted to do another little beach getaway, about halfway through her planning a few weeks before we headed east she said, “Do you mind if I change our plans and us just go spend another week in the mountains?!” It’s her preferred vacation spot now and we just keep going back, Jackpot won!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FelixMarvin
Back