Caribou Gear

A bad case of...

TBinKodiak

CRABS!!!! :eek:

Crabs.jpg

Crabs1.jpg

That's pretty cool TB. Seeing those crabs reminds me of Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel. What type are they? Opilio's or some other type of snow crab perhaps.... Great pics!

They are tanner crab, which are the second biggest behind king crab. We pulled two pots last night and had about 75 crab, of which about 25 were legal. I should have taken a picture of my buddies boat tied up in the harbor. His slip is right next to about 8 of those big Bering Sea crabbers. Makes his boat look pretty little next to those big beasts.
Funny thing is I don't even like crab that much. Good thing the wife does because I got a big garbage bag full of it now. :D

TB good to see your doing well. That pick brings back bad memories of how our boat couldn't bring up the crab pot on our deer hunt. |oo |oo Congrats on the crabs and for a second there I thought you caught something from moosie when we were down that way. :D

TB I think Moosie and IdahoBugler being in Kodiak is going to haunt you the rest of your life. Pics make me miss having my Lobster Traps when I lived in New England. Not much good fresh seafood in Montana.

Back