Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

A .22 that matches your hunting rifle

2rocky

Curious if anyone has had the good fortune to find a .22 rimfire that mimics their Centerfire bolt action. The same weight and balance and length of pull.

Is this something you would have to custom build?

Not sure how similar it would be, but I have a buddy who is a Tikka nut and absolutely raves about practicing with his T1X. I think Bergara came with a rimfire in their B-14 series as well. I'm pretty ignorant myself though...all my 22s are SA or Levers.

I have a Tikka in 30-06 and .22lr. Length of pull and trigger weight are the same. Same safety location. I like that I can build a solid foundation of form using the same platform, for much cheaper!

Plenty available. I have Browning. Trouble is weight but as the lighter gun is the most challenging I wouldn't worry.

I like the Ruger 77-22, also have a Sako bolt action .22.
These are about as close as I've found.
Ditto. That Ruger is a snappy little shooter and similar enough to my Kimber M84. Same scope, down to the reticle and same pull weight on the trigger. Same sling. I maintain it's the best hunting shooting practice that is practical for most folks.

I have a Ruger Model 77 in .22 WinMag that has a robust barrel which (I believe) is 22 inches long; this rifle weighs 9.5 pounds with scope and feels very much like my Ruger Model 77 .338 Winchester Magnum that has a 24 inch barrel.

If you’re a 700 platform guy and money were no object I’d build on a Vudoo action and make a pair in the same stock and all.

Since money doesn’t grow on trees I feel the Ruger American Predator and Tikka T1x are pretty great for the price.

Great topic. I found that my large caliber groups tighten significantly if I shoot a couple rounds with my 22 first. Would be extra nice if the the other specs were close.

I bought a couple of CZ452s before they were discontinued. The 452V with a 10X SWFA is a little heavier and does a pretty good job of replicating the feel of my centerfire rifles. Last year, I spent a lot of time shooting mine off of crossed trekking poles. I think it paid off in the fall.

Even though I am 22 poor, I am tempted to get a Tikka T1X and add a vertical grip to match my 6.5 Creedmoor. Plus, it would be great practice for my daughter since I suspect there is a T3X in her future.

Also, if I stumbled on a deal on a lightly used Remington 541-T, I would have a hard time passing it up. They feel more like a centerfire rifle in my hands than most 22s.

If you’re a 700 platform guy and money were no object I’d build on a Vudoo action and make a pair in the same stock and all.

Since money doesn’t grow on trees I feel the Ruger American Predator and Tikka T1x are pretty great for the price.

I think the Bergara is going to give the Vudoo a run for its money. It probably won’t be as accurate but for the price, I think their barreled actions will appeal to a lot of people.

My 1941 Model 70 in 22hornet is my go to "22" for practice. Matches all my other model 70's in trigger geometry, weight of pull, feel, etc... Yes the stock has a touch more drop at the heel than current models, but it works well.

I also have a CZ452 that matches stock dimensions pretty well. I use that too.

Kimber K22 is pretty close to my Model 70's. Also have a Kimber .223 that is even closer.

I have used a Remington 541 for that and a Mod 77 22 mag (the HB Lam stock) but don't anymore. I would have to say that my dad's old Marlin 783 bolt 22 magnum has done very well. Its light, so has to be held right, and the trigger has been worked on so it breaks light/clean. I set up a 6 unch "Shoot N See" at 100yds. then I put a 100rds from hunting positions on it. I started with an old 1" 4x Weaver, then went to a 1" 3x9. Works very well on called in coyotes too and prairie dogs. I feel the 22 mag helps me in this Western Constant wind! ha.

I bought a Ruger American Rimfire that is threaded and then bought a muzzle brake blank online to add extra weight to the muzzle end. I use this for a trainer, but I got the blank just a little too big and heavy so it is a bit too muzzle heavy. I will trim it back and lighten it someday

I got two of the Tikka T1X, and they do feel very much like a T3, just a little lighter. I had mine cut to 16" and re-threaded. They wear Dead Air Mask HD and TBAC Takedown suppressors. I added the Mountain Tactical billet bottom metal and a couple magazines with reduced capacity flat base magazines for a flush fit. Still great length and balance, and amazingly quiet. I also put on Vortex Diamondback Tactical first focal plane scopes so I can have one reticle and drop compensating system across my platforms. So much fun.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back