Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

82nd & 101st Airborn

A-con

Does anybody have one of these Bowtech speed bows.
Toms thread about revolutionary new bows got me thinking that I really need a fast new bow. By the way Tom, the 82nd Airborn is IBO rated at 350 fps, 2 fps faster that that dog slow PSE.
Since I can't afford one, the next best thing is to talk about one. OK the NEXT best thing would be to go shoot one, but the nearest Bowtech dealer is a hundred miles away so I'm hoping one of you can tell me how great YOUR super fast speed bow is ?
:eek:

I shot the 82nd at a local shop last week. Definitely a smooth draw, solid drawstop and compared to my Mathews Legacy (7 years old) it shot like a laser beam. If my mattress was lined with 20 dollar bills (it's not) I'd get one.

That said, for use in hunting situations, I'd gain nothing by going to a new superfast bow. There isn't a "shot" that I'd be able to make with an 82nd that I can't make with my Legacy. I realize it will shoot a flatter trajectory giving you a little better margin for error, but I think that is completely overrated. If you're under 30 yards and you misjudge distance by 5 yards, it will affect POI by what an inch...maybe two. Point being, 99% of the time the kill zone of a big game animal gives you a 2" radius margin of error. If the shot presented requires "threading the needle" and nothing other than perfection is needed, perhaps I should wait for a bit better opportunity. If the shot is over 30 yards I am sure as heck going to have a rangefinder reading prior to letting that shot fly. With near perfect conditions, my max range with my current setup is around 50 yards.

These new generation bows are not like new generation muzzleloaders where effective range seems to be extended every year. The shooter is by far the weakest link in an archery setup and regardless of how fast your arrow is traveling, it makes it no easier to hold your pin steadily within a 6" circle at 70 yards.

If your a competitive shooter, then these bows are the cats meow.

Being a bowtech dealer I have shot both of them, the 101 has a smoother draw than 82nd and it is only 8-12 fps slower so you should look at the 101 the both have solid walls and shoot great though

2point- How would you rate those two versus the 3 in the lineup with the extra limb attachment (Commander, Guardian, General)?

if your not wanting the screaming speed the 60# general is above them, the draw is smooth, there is 0 vibration. Elite archery has 3 new bows releasing the Z28 is the one i want to try, 336fps with a 8in brace height

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T_allen7
Back