8 minute deer boning

The knife I bought & the one he uses daily (pictured) was $20, he had the same knife with Rosewood handle at $26. The knife brand is Victorinox, everything in the picture set me back $52.

I have the Victorinox knife as well, it is absolutely awesome and will get wicked sharp, puts my expensive kitchen knives to shame. I use it for everything...

The knife I bought & the one he uses daily (pictured) was $20, he had the same knife with Rosewood handle at $26. The knife brand is Victorinox, everything in the picture set me back $52.

I have the Victorinox knife as well, it is absolutely awesome and will get wicked sharp, puts my expensive kitchen knives to shame. I use it for everything...

Holy crap I like that! I'm getting both wrists operated on tomorrow for Carpal Tunnel, I'll have to forward this on to my oldest boy, now that I have a good excuse not to do it all for him! He hasn't hunted for at least 10 years, so I guess it's understandable that he is a little apprehensive, but this video shows a lot of good detail. Hopefully I can guide him along with his last day buck!

Most of the knives in our kitchen are the rubber handled victorinox. Excellent blade and a non-slip grip. Can't beat the price. I use a magnetic bar to store them.

Amazing! Puts my meat cutting to shame. I pride myself on doing a quality job, but it takes me quite a bit longer. :)

it's a lot easier when you have a nice table to work on and don't have to worry about getting dirt, pine needles, and hair in the meat. that being said...super impressive! i really liked how he boned out the shoulder without separating it from the body.

If I tried to emulate his speed and technique, I would have a hard time holding the knife. Due to my missing fingers.

I have seen this before and never tire of it.

Good to see blokes who are very skilled in their trade doing there thing. This was very impressive! Takes me close on an hour to get all that done.

I am so getting a meat hook. Cleaner and keeps the hand(s) from cramping. Bet it'd even come in handy for skinning.

Saw this video a couple years ago, still impressive to see it again. Anyone still question the value of a sharp knife (along with technique and experience)...?

That was pretty fun to watch.

I looked kind of like that while I was doing my elk last :rolleyes:

How many of you guys take the rib meat? With all of the fat that comes with it, I often don't bother because of the amount of trimming it requires. Neck meat is a given, I go all the way to the base of the skull.

Having worked in the grocery industry for 30+ years and interacting with meatcutters, he is obviously a professional butcher. His technique is very good and knowing where all the joints come together is very important. Having a razor sharp knife is key to making cuts like that.
Practice makes perfect.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back