7mm-08

If I owned a Tikka that didn't shoot I'd avoid thunderstorms for eternity and never bother with lotto tickets again.

Travis

I have a LH 7mm-08 forbes it has not killed anything. When I got it I shot it off a lead sled with mediocre results. I asked around, got some good advice about shooting lightweight rifles and it is now easily a Moa rifle with ammo it likes. The problem was me, plain and simple. That may not echo everyone's experience but I was torquing the crap out of it on the lead sled. With heavier guns it is a real blessing. I got it as a an all around caliber in a lightweight gun and I can't wait to hunt with it.

I have a LH 7mm-08 forbes it has not killed anything. When I got it I shot it off a lead sled with mediocre results. I asked around, got some good advice about shooting lightweight rifles and it is now easily a Moa rifle with ammo it likes. The problem was me, plain and simple. That may not echo everyone's experience but I was torquing the crap out of it on the lead sled. With heavier guns it is a real blessing. I got it as a an all around caliber in a lightweight gun and I can't wait to hunt with it.

I have always had problems with consistency shooting light rifles. It is frustrating and takes some figuring to overcome.

What bullet/load are you using in it this season?

Travis

I have always had problems with consistency shooting light rifles. It is frustrating and takes some figuring to overcome.

The one thing I really like about the two 24B Forbes I have is that they have plenty of weight out front (#2 barrel) so they don't handle like a lightweight gun. Much easier to shoot from field positions than my Kimber 84M

Much easier to shoot from field positions than my Kimber 84M

You ain't kiddin'...my Montana 7naught is a nervous pointer...I really have to bear down and do my part.

The perfect hunting rifle for the 7-08 is the remington model 7. Given I have never handled the Howa alpine but it does look great. We've had 4 model 7's In the family, all 4 shot great, until one got dropped on a sheep hunt and never shot well again, and it wrecked the scope. We have killed moose, elk, caribou, mule deer, whitetail, and black bear. With a reasonable weight scope they usually come in at 6.5 to 7.5 pounds. The key is to find a scope that has decent eye relief, 3.5 or so inches. Last range session my youth model 7 (7 lb scoped) with vortex diamond (3 inch eye relief) came at me and broke the nose saddle off my glasses. 7-08 in a decent weight rifle would be a kitten.

Back