$750 buffalo hunt

And I thought I was the only one to Listens to NPR !!!! HAHAH !!

I missed the actual topic, But heard the intros this morning gonig into work !!!!!

I have no financial connections with this outfit Moosie, but there is a guy in Bozeman that is setting up NON guided bison hunts on one of Turners places right now for 675. That would be soooooooo awesome, I think I've got a buddy talked into doing it, so I may at least experience it!

Someone should set up a hunt talk bison hunt!!!! now i would be interested in that.

For a mere $675 bucks that would be a bargain for that much meat....when we going
biggrin.gif

Neat article, NPR is liberal too and please note that they don't have any problems with calling this a hunt and shooting the buffalo. They did mention its not responsible if the hunter is a bad shot, but also said hunting them is one of the most humane ways to kill them. Awesome!

I'm thinking $675 is for a cow? $3500 for a bull, if its the web page I found for the Turner place. This Kansas place is $750 for a bull, if there are any left.

A guy i know just got back from montana and shot a cow buffalo for 400 bucks, i think a bull was 1400. Im not sure where the ranch was though.

I heard turners were 500 each, an outfit west of ronan has them for 300-600, another place outa kalispell had them if ya hauled them away and paid for the testing....

Turners cows are 675 and I THINK maybe yearling bulls. Yeah, big bucks for the old bulls. I really doubt this place in Kansas is selling mature bulls for 700 bucks, not when they could EASILY get 2-4000. I dont know though.

This non guided hunt on Turners would be the shit though. You'd be out there stalking Buffalo on a pretty big spread, I'm thinking I heard 10-15000 acres. You shoot one, you pack it out and all. Hell, if you have a horse you can run the herd down like the injuns (pc?) did. I think that would kick ass, but I aint no good on a horse!

I think since the economy took a dive, they need to cull some, just what the good fellow told me...I will probably find out more tonight if I can get a hold of him!!!

A guy I work with just got back last Sunday from a Buff hunt in Bozeman. I do believe he was on Turners property. The cow hunt was $600.00 The cow weight 1100 on the hoof. When he took it to the butcher skinned, it wieghed 500+ (can't remember the exact weight) He figuers he will get about 275 pounds of deboned meat. All said and done about 4.00 Lb.
He also said that the buff were pretty tame. He shot his at 80 yrds.

I have a friend here in AZ that went on a hunt in MT(he was born and raised near dillon) for buffulo.. I think he paid around $600.. said a lady and her husband owned the place and was selling out so they allowed people(mainly friends) to come and shoot them... It was last year... I know they let a bunch of young kids go on the place for free to hunt them......
I dont remember all the details.... Greeny might have heard of this though..
Delw

There are couple of buffalo herds, each containing several hundred animals, in South Park Colorado. You can see them from highway 24. One is east of Hartsel and the other is just north of the intersection of highway 24 and highway 9, just west of Hartsel. Sometimes they are right up next to the fence.

I've never taken the time to make inquiries of the ranchers who own them because it doesn't seem like much of a challenge.

KC

Yeah, the bottom fell out of the bison market, but that was several years ago. Things for the bison ranchers have just progressed to less than a trickle. I have three friends and my wife's Grandparents that have them. All are offering bison hunts. They are all within a half an hour of where I live. The price range for shooting a cow is 25 cents a pound to $750.00 and the bulls range from a young bull at $1,500 to a mature at $3,500. Some of my family and inlaws ranch, have alot of beef, plus 5 deer and 4 antelope in the freezers. Don't need anymore meat!

Up near Cutbank, you can hunt on the Hutterites for Bison, for $500. A girl my wife works with goes up once a year to shoot one.

Hogfan

HOGfan/.. Welcome aboard....

I think I'm going to have to look into one of these hunts.... For the meat of course
wink.gif

Or just to ave the Cool hide on the wall.... NO NO SAY it ain;t so....
tongue.gif

Hogfan, welcome to Moosie's Hunttalk... Now where were you saying this buff hunt was?? I would like a, um, uh,, hide for my wall also...

cool.gif

Back