Yeti GOBOX Collection

7 PRC

I would have prefered a shorter freebore.
0.2333"?
Fine for the 180gr bullet in the prints.
But if you want to shoot a lighter weight bullet the freebore is going to be long!

That’s literally the point of the PRC line, shooting heavy for caliber bullets seated long, to keep the base of the bullet out of the powder column. You want lighter bullets, shoot something else.

That’s literally the point of the PRC line, shooting heavy for caliber bullets seated long, to keep the base of the bullet out of the powder column. You want lighter bullets, shoot something else.
Or if you want to shoot copper! I shoot the Barnes 175 LRX out of my 300 at 3200fps. It’s a great combo due to the added length of copper.

Or if you want to shoot copper! I shoot the Barnes 175 LRX out of my 300 at 3200fps. It’s a great combo due to the added length of copper.
Truth.

I’ve got some final group testing to do next weekend, but I’ll be somewhere in the 3100 - 3150 neighborhood with 199 gr Hammers and H1000.

Yep, got it ordered. Talked to my Smith who has built quite a few RUMs and went with a 3 groove. The thought is that the wider lands wear slower with the bigger cased magnum. Read some of the same things as I researched it. mtmuley
Good to know. I’m following this closely - are you going to add in the longer mag/follower and add some O.A.L? I’m absolutely using you as a test case…

Back to it… who’s ready to jump on the 7 PRC train early, build a lightweight laser beam on a long action, then report back and let us all know how it works?

Good to know. I’m following this closely - are you going to add in the longer mag/follower and add some O.A.L? I’m absolutely using you as a test case…
Nope. I'm going to use two bullets primarily. The 200 grain Accubond, and 199 grain Hammer. All this rifle is for is killing elk. I don't need the extra magazine length for those two bullets. mtmuley

7 Blaser mag with support. I like it. I've felt for a while that the 7 Blaser mag is about the perfect 7 for longer range hunting.

Might rebarrel a saum with one someday. Maybe not. I still like the modest size of the saum case.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back