600 yard yote with a 300 winmag 1993

Delw

600yardcoyote.jpg

not enogh dead coyote pics here, so I added one...

Delw

Six hundred yards is cake LOL.. takes lots of practice.. This particular one was shot coming back from deer hunting. he ran across the freeway my friend and I pulled over..
We have some footage of me shooting it , but we cant make out the coyote in the vid. I missed 2 times 3rd time hit.
I was using a 77r ruger 300 winmag with a 12x leupold scope shooting 180 grain nosler partitions.. Using the truck for a rest..

Delw

Sweet shot Dewl. I assume you missed the first two times to get him running. :D I mean it is not much sport to shoot one at 600 yards unless he is on the move. Looks like he was a little lighter after he met Mr. 300.

Mars Ive seen guys use 22's haha....

Mtmiller.. thanks it was a good shot But i think I was a little lucky.. normally I use a spotter shot for running yotes at that range.. and couldnt do it cause of the snow..

elkhunter you are always supoose to use a deer/elk gun for varmits and vice versa.. you mean you didnt know that?

Delw

No Del, I did not know that. That is why I come here. you guys are a wealth of knowledge. So does that mean that I can use my 458 mag for golphers?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back