6.5 Creed VS .300 RUM

Look at them both as far as ballistics using a 26 inch barrel. Probably the longest practical for a carry rifle. The RUM gives up nothing until barrel length increases beyond that. And, not that it matters when messing with big magnums, but the RUM is a bit more economical. If I were to move to a bigger .30 cal, I wouldn't even consider the Weatherby. Straight to the .30-.338 Lapua. Imp. mtmuley
Looking at it that way, neither does the .300 wby RE: the RUM

Attachments

• chris pratt surprise.JPG
    chris pratt surprise.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 2
I was late to the 6.5 CM party, the day I brought home the 6.5 Creedmoor neighbors dropped by to praise my purchase ,woman found me more attractive ( except huntingwife)and hit on me, the scale said I was 10 lbs lighter, young children wrote school papers about me being a role model, farmers sent me Christmas gifts because crop damage was near non existent. The county sherif called me and said he felt safer knowing that 6.5 CM was in his county . I mounted a a scope on my rifle which was over kill ( CM’s are so accurate scopes are required ) seeing a couple deer in the field behind my house I aimed and dry fired, all three deer dropped dead of fright ! I had not even bought ammo or components yet and had three deer down. I found by using lighter bullets with the fast twist I can bend my shots around trees and don’t have to wait for the game to take another step. I find with a 100 yard zero (if I bothered to zero the rifle CM’s are out of the box accurate) I can hold dead on out to a thousand yards for DRT results on game. Yup the 6.5 Creedmoor is a fine rifle !

I was late to the 6.5 CM party, the day I brought home the 6.5 Creedmoor neighbors dropped by to praise my purchase ,woman found me more attractive ( except huntingwife)and hit on me, the scale said I was 10 lbs lighter, young children wrote school papers about me being a role model, farmers sent me Christmas gifts because crop damage was near non existent. The county sherif called me and said he felt safer knowing that 6.5 CM was in his county . I mounted a a scope on my rifle which was over kill ( CM’s are so accurate scopes are required ) seeing a couple deer in the field behind my house I aimed and dry fired, all three deer dropped dead of fright ! I had not even bought ammo or components yet and had three deer down. I found by using lighter bullets with the fast twist I can bend my shots around trees and don’t have to wait for the game to take another step. I find with a 100 yard zero (if I bothered to zero the rifle CM’s are out of the box accurate) I can hold dead on out to a thousand yards for DRT results on game. Yup the 6.5 Creedmoor is a fine rifle !

This sounds like modern day Ralphie from Christmas story fantasizing about how owning a Creedmoor changes your life. 😂

This sounds like modern day Ralphie from Christmas story fantasizing about how owning a Creedmoor changes your life. 😂
Yeah, but he gets it. The RUM and the Creed are the only cartridges on the planet that kill like that. I don't need a Creed cause I have a RUM. But, the same things happen. More of everything. I might quit hunting. It's not fair. mtmuley

Back