Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

6.5 Creed VS .300 RUM

Well with the current state of powder availability I would say that being able to shoot 2 rounds of the creedmoor to equal one shot of the 300RUM must have some sort of pull?!?
Hoarders looking to sell for insane profits don't want to hear that kind of logic! :p

As mentioned in another post (Both) and problem solved. just make sure you can handle the massive Kahunas and all the ladies the 6.5 creed brings with it

I have both (3 of the RUMs). If you run enough Retumbo in a RUM, it can come close to doing what a Creedmoor does. “Laser.”

😀

I’m new here and my opinion may not mean much but with all the hype of the 6.5 we need to go back and look at the ballistics of it compared to the 243, 270, 7mm-08 and calibers of that nature. I realize the big short action fad going on but in my opinion the 6.5 has been talked up way to much and often compared to different calibers and weights that shouldn’t even be considered in the same class.

@mtmuley if I’m taking this road why would I not follow it to its terminus
.30-378 weatherby mag
Look at them both as far as ballistics using a 26 inch barrel. Probably the longest practical for a carry rifle. The RUM gives up nothing until barrel length increases beyond that. And, not that it matters when messing with big magnums, but the RUM is a bit more economical. If I were to move to a bigger .30 cal, I wouldn't even consider the Weatherby. Straight to the .30-.338 Lapua. Imp. mtmuley

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back