Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

6 1/2 weeks later…

Nice work there Chester, Mr. Dillon would be proud!😉

Glad you could get out, take a good goat, AND behave! My season last year following TKR was a bit gimpy as well but you’re right, ya gotta get out!

That's how it's done! Awesome that you didn't let a set back that would have taken a lot of us out of the game get in the way to being successful. Congrats!

I should probably confess that fate may have played a big role. After he was down and we got up there, we found that his left eye (the side we snuck in from) had been injured. It was all swollen, infected and crusty, so he probably couldn’t see really well on that side. Lucky for me I guess 😁🤷🏻‍♀️
Chalk it up to good Karma, still pretty impressive! Remember all of his other senses were working too. You weren't at full speed either. Instead of an eye for an eye it was an eye for a knee.

6.5 weeks post ACL reconstruction/meniscectomy.

Rules of engagement:
1. Protect the graft.
2. Wear the brace at all times.
3. No kneeling, crawling, running.
4. No more than 2 miles hiking per day.
5. No packing.

View attachment 243491

View attachment 243492

View attachment 243500

View attachment 243495

View attachment 243496

Mission accomplished.

303 yards, 1.1 miles round trip, assist from Hunting Husband on the extraction.

Felt so good to get out.

Careful! My surgeon told me the 3 month window was where the graft was the weakest, but you'll be feeling much better and want to push the envelope!

Careful! My surgeon told me the 3 month window was where the graft was the weakest, but you'll be feeling much better and want to push the envelope!
Absolutely! Told me the same, hence all the rules. I was fully prepared mentally to just let animals go if the stalk required doing something dumb. I figured if I stuck to activities I’ve been cleared for and was conscious about what I was doing, I could maybe pull it off 😁

awesome. You must have worked hard before season to get the acl tuned up in time. Well done!
Started working hard before surgery in an effort to maintain as much as I could. I absolutely think it helped, and I would recommend it to anyone going through it themselves. I was still Elliptical running and doing leg strength exercises the day before surgery. Even still it was kind of shocking how much muscle I lost in such a short amount of time. 😳

Congratulations on the speedy recovery and successful hunt. Those antelope quarters look tasty on the garbage bag. Did you feel a little like your surgeon as you were processing? "Yeah, this ain't getting rehabbed". Great work, hope I never have to go under the knife.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back