Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

482 Missouri Breaks Sheep Tag

Montana4Life

Hello Everyone!

My dad drew a 482 sheep tag and I was curious if anyone had any advice or tips for us. I will be helping him around my teaching and coaching schedule so any info would be greatly appreciated. We have done some scouting without seeing any sheep but have seen some amazing country. Sounds like it is common not to see any this time of year but it is a bit discouraging when the season is getting so close. Anything helps! Thanks All:)

Send me a PM. The episode at the link below was filmed in that area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w4Rapjz-NM

Your dad has a great tag. This ram was shot the 9th of October, if I remember right. They are very predictable in their patterns and locations now. Once you find them, you can relocate them rather easily.

Hello Everyone!

My dad drew a 482 sheep tag and I was curious if anyone had any advice or tips for us. I will be helping him around my teaching and coaching schedule so any info would be greatly appreciated. We have done some scouting without seeing any sheep but have seen some amazing country. Sounds like it is common not to see any this time of year but it is a bit discouraging when the season is getting so close. Anything helps! Thanks All:)

In Season 2 of OYOA I believe Randy & crew filmed the Vaughn Everly ram episode in 482. I think it was 482 anyway. Check that episode out if you haven't seen it and I'm sure many guys here can give you more info. That's the tag of multiple lifetimes. Enjoy your hunt and make sure you share some pictures. Thousands of us want to be in your dad's shoes. Congrats to him!

Haha. Randy was typing away at the same time I was. I knew it wouldn't be long. Guys here like to help.

Thanks you guys! I really appreciate the responses. This is the sweetest site for hunters and outdoorsman. You can bet I will post a story and some pictures if my dad is lucky enough to get one!

I drew the same 482 tag

Mt4life-I got the same tag, I will be heading out this week. I've done quite a bit of research and been out there and saw a few rams, I'd be willing to share what I've found out with you and your dad. Did you see the hunter info packet sent out by the fwp biologist?

In Season 2 of OYOA I believe Randy & crew filmed the Vaughn Everly ram episode in 482. I think it was 482 anyway. Check that episode out if you haven't seen it and I'm sure many guys here can give you more info. That's the tag of multiple lifetimes. Enjoy your hunt and make sure you share some pictures. Thousands of us want to be in your dad's shoes. Congrats to him!
thousands +1...good luck...cant wait to see the pics and hear the story.....:cool:

Lucky 2013,

Congratulations! Tag of a lifetime. I hope your scouting has treated you well. We intend to hunt north of Winifred along Whiskey Ridge Road primarily. Weather may change those plans however. My dad has a difficult time getting off work but I am going to do everything I can to ensure he puts the time in up there. I know I would trade everything I own for that tag. Good luck and keep in touch.

Matt

MT4life - i sent you an email.
I am Currently suffering from a case of bighorn sheep brain! Right now, I am not good for much else

Pm me if you feel like it. I know a little about the area and the critters that call it home. Ill be out of service for a while but may be able to get ya some pointers.

Back