Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

4 critters in 5 days

When Wednesday rolled around Dave and I convinced ourselves to do the death march hunt in search of his first mule deer. This place is starting to get a bit of history with a few Hunttalkers and due to the difficulty of hiking in and retrieving game it is a hunt not to be taken lightly. In fact, the last time I was in there was in spring of 2014 when I helped Dave kill his first black bear. After the seven hour pack out of his buck, I'm not sure when the next time of going in there will be. One thing for sure is I hope to NEVER see a legal bull elk in there.

Even though Dave ended up shooting a different buck than we were targeting on our stalk, I was really happy for him. The buck was a big, mature, mountain mule deer that probably had reached his full growth potential. Definitely a worthy trophy regardless of score or lack there of. I know that he definitely scores off the chart on the "Pain and Misery" scale. It was one of my most difficult pack outs if not the most difficult.

Attachments

• Sony p510 303.jpg
    Sony p510 303.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,187
  • Sony p510 257.jpg
    Sony p510 257.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 1,151
  • Sony p510 278.jpg
    Sony p510 278.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 1,162
  • Sony p510 291.jpg
    Sony p510 291.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 1,153
Still nicely done ... only more impressively earned.

My grandson and I took a double on cow elk last Wednesday, uphill but way up and his had to come down the creek bottom, involving a wet, cold retrieval. It was snowing so mine glided over snow much more easily. 9 am hunting & shooting completed; it was 5 pm before all was loaded to head home. A hard but enjoyable day with a 14 yr old, happy to be hunting and retrieving with "Papa". That's what it's all about.

What an awesome trip!
That's getting it done, guys.
Cool looking muley. Congrats!

Happy for you Dave! Great to see you get it done! Gerald, you are the man! Good things happen (minus the packout) to good people.

No wonder I never get an elk. You guys are shooting them in the trees, literally! I didn't know they could climb trees. Nice job guys. What a whirlwind hunt.

The Sanders County Massacre of 2016 shall be told in stories throughout the west for years to come....
Way to go guys! You two definitely aren't afraid of working for your animals.

When your back is sore and your nose is bloody, you have had a good trip!! Great job fella's:D

Back