30 cal 180 Nosler Accubonds

phutch30

Ive gone almost 3yrs without seeing these for sale. Anyone think they will be back in stock in the next 3? Ive already switched to Hornady for the .270 and 7-08. Im about to be forced out of being a loyal Nosler customer.

I got some 180 accubond seconds from Nosler a few months ago. I kind of expected for the factory firsts to show up in stock.

They have C grade 180s available now but come with a 5-10% cull rate due to tip damage
So did I, but it sure does seem like partitions and especially the standard Accubonds have been remarkably sparse for too long. I can sometimes come across ABLR's but Im fairly ambivalent about them. I don't think they are as good a bullet as the standard.

I can sometimes come across ABLR's but Im fairly ambivalent about them. I don't think they are as good a bullet as the standard.
I have never used them but read complaints about them not being as tough mostly because they were designed for long range velocities. I would think they would be similar to or better than ELD-X which tons of people praise but I don't have the experience with them like I do with regular Accubonds. I recently saw a box of 140gr 7mm Accubonds sell on gunbroker for $96.

I have never used them but read complaints about them not being as tough mostly because they were designed for long range velocities. I would think they would be similar to or better than ELD-X which tons of people praise but I don't have the experience with them like I do with regular Accubonds. I recently saw a box of 140gr 7mm Accubonds sell on gunbroker for $96.
Yeah, I saw those too. I like ABs and would certainly use those, but 50 Accubonds are not worth that. There's other options out there, kind of like the OP indicated.

I gave up looking for .277 140 NABs. The Hornady Innerlocks were available, cheaper, and I’ve yet to catch one when launched at 3100 fps into 4 deer from numerous angles this season. They seem to perform well enough, so I’ll just stick with them.

As for the .308 180 NABs, I have seen them a few times at different outlets, including the ones listed above from SPS. I have a few odds and ends pull-downs on my shelf, and I seldom use them. I usually use the 165s out of my 30-06. I haven’t bought them for that reason. I helped a buddy and my brother out with the ones that I had that were not pull downs, or else I would offer them to you to help you out.

I hate to say it but keep looking and hopefully they’ll come available soon, or else look for an alternative to bridge the gap or replace them.

Doesn't Nosler make the partition still? Bet they would work every bit as well!

I gave up looking for .277 140 NABs. The Hornady Innerlocks were available, cheaper, and I’ve yet to catch one when launched at 3100 fps into 4 deer from numerous angles this season. They seem to perform well enough, so I’ll just stick with them.

Shooters pro shop has them in stock, same as the 180’s.

For the life of me I do not understand how Nosler has completely forgot about the people that built there business (reloaders). I absolutely love Nosler bullets but they have been, for the most part non existent for well over 3 years. Now that they make there own ammo that’s where all there bullets are going is my only guess. I have seen plenty of accubonds in loaded ammo (300wsm, 300wm….) but no bullets to load. I wish there was a good alternative.

Ive gone almost 3yrs without seeing these for sale. Anyone think they will be back in stock in the next 3? Ive already switched to Hornady for the .270 and 7-08. Im about to be forced out of being a loyal Nosler customer.
Yep I switched to copper and couldn't find E tips anywhere so switched to Barnes TTSX now they are becoming hard to find, so switching to Hammers.

I can look when I get home but I think I have some ive been holding on to for my 30-06 that I'm probably not going to use. I can let you know what I have and you can make an offer

I got some 180 accubond seconds from Nosler a few months ago. I kind of expected for the factory firsts to show up in stock.

They have C grade 180s available now but come with a 5-10% cull rate due to tip damage
Yea I did the same thing...I think my cull rate is a litter higher than that though.

The Noslers I shoot are almost exclusively from Shooters Pro Shop. The only time I get firsts is if I find them used thru a forum cheap or happened to see a lone box on the shelf.

I have purchased and shot well over 1000 seconds and probably have 500 more on the bench. I have never had a cull bullet to include when I was weighing them all. 90% or better you couldn’t tell from a first. The other 10% either had discoloration or a cannular on it. I’ve killed elk and a moose with them.

Zero reason to not buy them from SPS right now.

I went to my reloading bench to see what I had for noslers

30cal 180gr accubonds
129 factory 2nds
44 firsts. $135

6.5mm 125gr partition
New box of 50 $55

7mm 140gr Ballistic tips
35 firsts $35

7mm 140gr accubonds
96 firsts $100

Buyer pays shipping. PayPal accepted F&F or add for fees. If you take the whole lot at $325 I will cover shipping

I went to my reloading bench to see what I had for noslers

30cal 180gr accubonds
129 factory 2nds
44 firsts. $135

6.5mm 125gr partition
New box of 50 $55

7mm 140gr Ballistic tips
35 firsts $35

7mm 140gr accubonds
96 firsts $100

Buyer pays shipping. PayPal accepted F&F or add for fees. If you take the whole lot at $325 I will cover shipping
$1/bullet? Do you have any Super Bowl tickets for sale?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idelkhntr13
Back