260 for elk

If I had the 338 I'd use that and wear ear plugs. Get a pair that are connected with a string and loop them through your hat band, only takes a second to pop them in.

.....wear ear plugs. Get a pair that are connected with a string and loop them through your hat band, only takes a second to pop them in.
I have been hunting elk many, many years and get pretty darned excited during each encounter. Set my rifle down, "pop" in a pair of ear plugs, then resume the hunt .... 'ain't gonna happen! 'Just sayin.

Good info guys,

I have tried game ears and still have them. Unfortunately, I get too hyped when I see am opportunity for a shot and do not put them in.

I have shot Nosler partitions since I started hunting 40 plus years ago. I never had a reason to change.

Thanks for the replies.

I'm a bow hunter myself, but my son isn't quite strong enough to hunt elk with a bow, so we go rifle hunting for him. His first elk was with a .243 at 100 yards and his second was with a .308 at 75 yards. Both were good shots, and there wasn't much difference except that the one shot with the .308 took longer to expire.

Breaksrunner from here, used his 260 on a grizzley hunt in AK.

I have yet to make a shot that couldn't have been made just as well with a 260...

Back