Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

26 year wait - Utah elk hunt

I gots to know - did you drink only

View attachment 292525

Or did you also have some

View attachment 292524
I only took my own and didn't drink half of it on the elk hunt. Didn't try the Polygamy porter. Elk hunts not as beer friendly as antelope hunts. I always cringe when I see people drinking it, that may have picked it up a long ways from the brewery. That stuff goes skunky so quickly. I never, EVER buy a 6 pack that has a canned on date more than 6 weeks old and may have been left out unrefrigerated for too long. It's printed on the bottom edge of can.

Wow!! Congrats. I don't elk hunt and you got my dream bull!

What a hunt and thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing an epic hunt - I’ve got 17 Utah elk points and will get there someday!

They killed the drop tine bull I photographed on July 4 this week also. He’s the 3rd bull in the post 140. Broke his right side dropper off in velvet but still scores 395. Early rifle is tough on the huge bulls. The Carters on this unit are deadly on the huge elk, not much of a luck factor. These are 2 of the 3 best elk I saw while in Utah.
FCBC271A-8CBE-4F7B-AA99-AD58977BE5E0.jpeg

They killed the drop tine bull I photographed on July 4 this week also. He’s the 3rd bull in the post 140. Broke his right side dropper off in velvet but still scores 395. Early rifle is tough on the huge bulls. The Carters on this unit are deadly on the huge elk, not much of a luck factor. These are 2 of the 3 best elk I saw while in Utah.
View attachment 293958
Impressive bull.must have rattled the hunter.

Makes you wonder what they could produce if they moved rifle season out of the rut

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back