26 year wait - Utah elk hunt

I'm gonna save this quote " save the shit talk for elsewhere".
Good reminder.
🤪
Couple good things - after seeing better view of the Gov tag bull - not the bull I saw. Hearing different unit also.

Last week while hunting with @Spitz he told me he visited with his sons principle and told him he was coming hunting in Utah with me. Apparently the principle has a hunttalk acct and I once called him a dumbass. Allegedly he’s the nicest guy on earth. But maybe a dumbass. 🙂

Tonight was slow. Saw maybe a dozen bulls, mostly 6 points, 3 were 350 range, possibly more or less. Saw one bull with a cow. It’s starting to happen. Had lunch with the other nonresident who drew. Nice guy. He’s hunting this week before meeting up with a guide in a few days. His second elk hunt. He is going to be ruined forever.

@Beaver Hunter what chair are you using? Looking for a packable one myself
A light bulb just went off as I looked again at that chair in the tiny tent - @Beaver Hunter, formerly @Greenhorn is a tiny person. That is why all of the animals in his photos look huge. I can’t wait to see what a 350+ bull looks like with him posing beside it.

A light bulb just went off as I looked again at that chair in the tiny tent - @Beaver Hunter, formerly @Greenhorn is a tiny person. That is why all of the animals in his photos look huge. I can’t wait to see what a 350+ bull looks like with him posing beside it.
We can’t all be giant men like you @BAKPAKR, some of us are just 300” bulls our whole lives

Cox for Beaver city commission - sounds like a shoe in.
IMG_5460.jpeg
I’ve been backpack hunting w/ poor reception. Out to recharge dry off and moving camp. Will report back when it’s done as I will likely be camped in for most the rest of it, closes in 9 days. Hunting and bull elk size on average is almost unbelievable. I don’t want to hex myself with details, as it’s a bow hunt and I’m being very picky. Odds are high I will come home without. I never ever thought I’d walk away from numerous 350+ caliber bulls while hunting. I also never thought I’d see numerous B&C caliber bulls in a single day. I found the place I want to spend the rest of the season in. Had a ridiculous evening of hunting yesterday. @Spitz shows up Tuesday.

Cox for Beaver city commission - sounds like a shoe in.
View attachment 291728
I’ve been backpack hunting w/ poor reception. Out to recharge dry off and moving camp. Will report back when it’s done as I will likely be camped in for most the rest of it, closes in 9 days. Hunting and bull elk size on average is almost unbelievable. I don’t want to hex myself with details, as it’s a bow hunt and I’m being very picky. Odds are high I will come home without. I never ever thought I’d walk away from numerous 350+ caliber bulls while hunting. I also never thought I’d see numerous B&C caliber bulls in a single day. I found the place I want to spend the rest of the season in. Had a ridiculous evening of hunting yesterday. @Spitz shows up Tuesday.
Good luck greenhorn can’t wait to see your success.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back