‘22 gardening

Getting a late start this year, but here is what it will look like in about a month. We have a 68-day growing season at 7,100' and it can frost at any time during the summer. I do a lot of root vegetables and frost-resistant stuff like peas, raspberries, chokecherries. The summer squash gets extra care.
1654915683402.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve got seven peach trees. I’ve been having problems with peach leaf curl the last few years. I finally got the timing right for the copper spray and I think I’ve held it back this year. Had a lot of blossoms but not as much fruit set this year. We’ll see. They’ll get fertilizer and maybe some additional mulch this weekend. I’ll start trapping the squirrels in just over a month. If you’re in WI, Contender, Red Haven, and Elberta are the way to go.

AB8FCC56-043F-4403-8D3E-ACC6C69B29AC.jpegDEC56467-353D-49A9-BBD5-FDCFFCDF7D2D.jpeg

I’ve got seven peach trees. I’ve been having problems with peach leaf curl the last few years. I finally got the timing right for the copper spray and I think I’ve held it back this year. Had a lot of blossoms but not as much fruit set this year. We’ll see. They’ll get fertilizer and maybe some additional mulch this weekend. I’ll start trapping the squirrels in just over a month. If you’re in WI, Contender, Red Haven, and Elberta are the way to go.

View attachment 225514View attachment 225515
I’d like to plant some peach trees. I will have to read up on those varieties.

The arch is coming along, a few cantelope have set in, added some beans. Tomatoes and okra fruiting pretty good, id guess well have some ripe in two weeks or so. Peppers in quarantine with aphids, treated them and set ant traps in the greenhouse, haven't seen any new ones in a few days so hopefully it all worked.
20220611_090004.jpg20220611_085457.jpg20220611_085511.jpg20220611_085536.jpg

I haven't been able to have a garden the last couple years. These photos are making me more determined to get back to it next year. Thanks all for sharing.

What's your recipe for zucchini cakes, they look good?
2 cups shredded zucchini, squeezed dry
2 cups bread crumbs, divided
2 eggs
1 tblspoon Onion powder
2 tablespoons Old bay seasoning
Grated Parmesan cheese
Oil for frying

-Mix all ingredients except the oil and 1 cup of bread crumbs
-Make 4 equal patties
-coat Pattie’s with breadcrumbs using remaining 1 cup
-place cakes in freezer on cookie sheet with parchment paper for 1/2 hour
-fry each side for 6-9 minutes