Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

‘22 gardening

We have herbs, blueberries, plums, and raspberries as well. The fruit things are all young and don’t produce a lot yet but they are fun!
An herb garden for my wife is next on the list and then I have to get berries going too. These young trees have been fun to watch grow and progress. They haven't produced yet either.

Did anyone find a shortage of plants or think there was an odd mix of things available this year? I could not find straight green bell peppers locally and had to visit several green houses until I finally found them.

Did anyone find a shortage of plants or think there was an odd mix of things available this year? I could not find straight green bell peppers locally and had to visit several green houses until I finally found them.
We had that problem last year on a lot of things, but this year seemed to be pretty good. The only thing that took a little work to find was the onion sets I wanted.

Glad we were slacking and haven’t taken the seedlings outside yet. Snow is coming down hot and heavy in Denver right now.

First year with the greenhouse, f you rabbits and grasshoppers. Container garden this year. Will be adding raised beds in the coming years. Going for a cantelope arch. San marazanos, Romas, Ghost, Reaper, Habenero, Lumbre Green Chile, NM Big Jim, poblano, Jalapeno, Okra. Just popped some peas for the arch too.
20220521_092222.jpg

First year with the greenhouse, f you rabbits and grasshoppers. Container garden this year. Will be adding raised beds in the coming years. Going for a cantelope arch. San marazanos, Romas, Ghost, Reaper, Habenero, Lumbre Green Chile, NM Big Jim, poblano, Jalapeno, Okra. Just popped some peas for the arch too.
View attachment 223212
Looks like a nice set up. My wife wants a greenhouse pretty bad.

We are doing a couple wicking tubs this year. Will be nice not to have to worry about watering for weeks at a time. We are following alot of what "gardening with leon" on youtube. Only have a couple tubs this year but may expand next year if this works well.

imagejpeg_0(3).jpg

imagejpeg_0(4).jpg

I've got everything planted in raised beds with recycled french doors over top for cold frames, so the garden was all planted by the last week of April. Cold hardy greens went in at the end of March and we have already been getting some nice salads. Tomatoes, peppers, beans, peas, carrots, beets, onions, cucumbers, broccoli, kale, lettuce, and herbs for green growing mulch around the bases. It's my first year cold frame gardening and so far I'm really happy with how it's worked, the Wyoming growing season is so short that getting an extra few weeks on either end makes a significant difference.
Apple, apricot and cherry trees are planted, waiting on the blueberries and the blackberry that I ordered to come in to the nursery. And the roses are looking promising too :)

Attachments

• KIMG2112.JPG
    KIMG2112.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back