Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

'21 Wyoming Elk Semi-Live

np307

A few minutes ago, a buddy and I started our trek westward. Straight drive time is 26 hours, we are hoping for 30 including stops. This journey started 7 years ago when I visited Wyoming for the first time and vowed to come back. I had only been hunting for a year at that point but in 2018 I jumped into the points game. In 2019 we went out after antelope as a first exposure hunt and learned a lot about the logistics required. This year I had enough points to pull a general tag and my buddy got a cow tag to go along. I'll try to update as much as I can but it doesn't look like we will have much cell service on the mountain. Snow is on the way with as much as 10 inches falling this evening, we are hoping for less. I've been looking forward to this for a while and am glad to finally make it happen.

A note for this forum, since we are from NC I'm cross posting on a local forum. So if some info seems overly detailed for this audience, thats why.

Good luck!! Looking forward to any reports you have or end of hunt recap.

Looking like we will arrive in Cheyenne around 0700, 25 hours after we left NC. We've been monitoring road situations and will probably take the opportunity to have a relaxed sit-down breakfast and some coffee before picking up the last of our supplies from Walmart. The night has been fairly uneventful with one extremely close call with a doe somewhere just past the Nebraska state line. Ready for day to break for sure.

So what's your go to breakfast spot in Cheyenne?

Looking like we will arrive in Cheyenne around 0700, 25 hours after we left NC. We've been monitoring road situations and will probably take the opportunity to have a relaxed sit-down breakfast and some coffee before picking up the last of our supplies from Walmart. The night has been fairly uneventful with one extremely close call with a doe somewhere just past the Nebraska state line. Ready for day to break for sure.

So what's your go to breakfast spot in Cheyenne?
R&B Breakfast! Get the breakfast burrito with half green chili and half country gravy. Good luck on the trip!

Another relocated NC redneck here. Live in CO now, headed out tomorrow for 1st rifle. Best of luck to you! Hunt hard and good things will happen.

Made it into camp last night. Plenty of snow up here and another inch last night. We've got supplies for a week if we aren't able to get out anytime soon with the melt. Never needed 4lo to get up here so we will see.

Cut elk tracks this morning but its from yesterday and just a solo. Going to keep walking the roads as there aren't any people past us.

Wyomingans, I hope you appreciate how beautiful your state is.

Betting that hot spring pool in Saratoga might feel pretty good about Sunday or Monday.
Good luck!!

Solo tracks can be a good sign unless you're cow hunting.

Good luck. As a former North Carolinian, I do appreciate the hell out of Wyoming. Glad you do too.

Back