2024 controlled hunts

WildWill

Well it's that time again. Not much new this year except in the elk department. They are expanding the walk-in hunts for the Wichita's including a hunt in February. Like last year there is only one hunt (two hunt codes bull or cow) that are assisted hunts on the Wichita's those hunts appear to be on life support. Also new this year is the first ever (at least in my 20 years of applying) Camp gruber elk hunt. It appears it will be a fully guided September hunt like the Cookson elk hunt. Goodluck everyone!

Last edited:

What would it cost me to retain your services as a camp barbecue chef if I draw a tag at WMNWR, @WildWill ?
Did you apply for the walk-in or assisted hunt? I could be easily persuaded to help (bbq goes without saying) on a walk in hunt. I've helped on a assisted hunt pretty boring when all you can do is wait at camp till you get a call. Missed most of the fun but got all the work🤣.

Last edited:
Did you apply for the walk-in or assisted hunt? I could be easily persuaded to help (bbq goes without saying) on a walk in hunt. I've helped on an assisted hunt pretty boring when all you can do is wait at camp till you get a call. Misses most of the fun but got all the work🤣.
I threw my name in for most of the hunts. Same goes for you if you draw a tag and need a strong back to pack out some quarters! I’m handy with a Traeger, too, but nowhere near your level.

Well it's that time again. Not much new this year except in the elk department. They are expanding the walk-in hunts for the Wichita's including a hunt in February. Like last year there is only one hunt (two hunt codes bull or cow) that are assisted hunts on the Wichita's those hunts appear to be on life support. Also new this year is the first ever (at least in my 20 years of applying) Camp gruber elk hunt. It appears it will be a fully guided September hunt like the Cookson elk hunt. Goodluck everyone!
If you would quit posting reminders, my chances would improve.

Back