2023 Garden!

Not real good here either. I'm watering the younger trees to try and get them through the year. Been pretty dry since May which is really unusual here in PA.

Pear time. This is our harvest from our Bartlett pear. We’re fancy in how we harvest - had our daughter climb up and shake the tree.

Wife is going to can a bunch of them. We’ll give a bunch away. It looks like three years worth of pears.

Attachments

• IMG_1320.jpeg
    IMG_1320.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1318.jpeg
    IMG_1318.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
  • FullSizeRender.jpeg
    FullSizeRender.jpeg
    738.6 KB · Views: 7
Only thing left in my garden is carrots. Have to watch the night time temps closely will have to pull them at the sign of the first frost. Tomatoes still going in the greenhouses.
The rest of the garden is done for this year.
Frosted carrots are sweet. We’ll overwinter ours occasionally and they’re very sweet in the spring.

-1 C here the other night kinda finished things off here. Just have some carrots to pick a little later this fall

It's been a weird season so far. It's been cool and wet, getting as cold to 41 overnight. Now it's 107 but come monday its going to drop again with a high of 48. My tomato's and pepper's hate it

My little plum tree is loaded just waiting on them to ripen.
Carrots around here in raised beds seem to turn to mush and fairly fast. I've tried it. We get cold and stay real cold all winter. Other wise I would let them stay in the ground.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back