2023 Colorado draw results Moose/Prong/Elk/Deer

My daughter drew a 4th season buck tag that we can hunt 10 minutes from our front door. Thanksgiving will be a blast this year!
I know my tag is 4th season... just waiting to confirm whether it is also the option right out my door too. That way I stay out of trouble around thanksgiving ha

Update: just saw my preference points disappear, so I am hunting right out the door!

My luck continues with my card getting hit for deer. The big question is whether it is a 3rd season hybrid draw or a 2nd season 2nd choice. There is a big difference between those two possible outcomes so I’ll have to wait for the email to know for sure.
I'm right there with you big difference between my 1st and 2nd and still waiting in confirmation.

I know my tag is 4th season... just waiting to confirm whether it is also the option right out my door too. That way I stay out of trouble around thanksgiving ha

Update: just saw my preference points disappear, so I am hunting right out the door!
Yep. A wise man for sure.

My points were also updated unfortunately 2nd choice for me. Oh well SE Colorado whitetail hunt will have to do.

interestingly did not get the deer tag i went for. it was a new code, not necessarily a new hunt, but a unique hunt and determining if it would take points and how many really couldn't be predicted. 1 point wasn't good enough i guess.

i've got a doe tag in my pocket and will start working plans for secondary draw or re issue buck tags. CO deer is pretty low priority though this year with wyoming general in the pocket and wisconsin archery deer planned for early november.

reissue went very nicely for me last year.

Last edited:
Holy crap, my points got zeroed out. Looks like I drew unit 66 3rd season with 5 points in the hybrid draw! I’m honestly nervous to share this news with my wife after yesterday’s “once in a lifetime” conversation. I don’t know how I am going to carve out the vacation time, but I am sure as hell going to exhaust all options.

Back