2022 Toyota Tundra

I don't love the goofy looking tailgate, but the front end on the Pro model with the color-matched grille looks better than the Chevys I think.
Yeah I agree, grill looks good, tailgate and side profile don’t get me excited

I've got an '06 with 150,000 now. The only time its been to a mechanic was to change the timing chain & water pump. I would love to get into something newer but I'm not sure I want to let this one go...

The Pro looks sharp. Not sure about the Platinum grill. Nice bump in payload. I’m only at 107k on my current one, guess I need to hunt more.

I love my 2013, I take it everywhere, been super reliable. Had a GMC before that. Not a huge fan of all the tech bells and whistles that the 2022 has. I‘ll probably buy a 2021 because I like my current truck so much.

I did just watch the video with their chief engineer, a lot of thought went into the 2022. Some of the features seem pretty impressive, will have to give it further consideration.

Toyota called my bluff!!!! Crap!!!

I emailed Toyota on 2/27/20 (I just looked back at the date) and gave them a list of features they needed to put on the Tundra…

-6.5 ft bed on the CrewMax
-engine that competes with the ecoboost
-rear locker
-option for heavier rear springs
-Apple carplay

In my email I said when they have those items I will be in to buy one…. And to their credit they responded back to my email and thanked me for my feedback.

Now I need to find $60k (I’m guessing for the TRD Pro).

My Tacoma just crossed 150k miles and still going strong. Last Tacoma was at 185k and ran great before it was totaled.

I’m feeling one of these in my (distant) future… wish it wasn’t so distant.

Now I need to find $60k (I’m guessing for the TRD Pro).
Not positive, but I don’t think the Pro comes in a 6.5’ bed option, only the 5.5’. I think you can add a rear locker as an option to the other trim packages, but I can’t say that for certain.

I’m holding out for a truck built after the pandemic. Seems like it might be a couple years of lemons that are rolling off the line.

apparently what I want in a truck is not what everyone else wants in a truck. Even the TRDPro, with the lift, is lower than the existing models to "improve aerodynamics". That's a hard pass for me.

I like the lockers but what's the point if you don't have any ground clearance?

Maybe they'll make a worktruck version without all the bells and whistles. But at only 150k on my 2012, it should be while before I actually need to think about it. Even then I might just keep fixing/upgrading what I have.

Not positive, but I don’t think the Pro comes in a 6.5’ bed option, only the 5.5’. I think you can add a rear locker as an option to the other trim packages, but I can’t say that for certain.
apparently what I want in a truck is not what everyone else wants in a truck. Even the TRDPro, with the lift, is lower than the existing models to "improve aerodynamics". That's a hard pass for me.

I like the lockers but what's the point if you don't have any ground clearance?

Maybe they'll make a worktruck version without all the bells and whistles. But at only 150k on my 2012, it should be while before I actually need to think about it. Even then I might just keep fixing/upgrading what I have.

I agree that the “lift” with less ground clearance is dumb. But it can be corrected… also the stock tires look small… Toyota does this for gas mileage. I wonder what size could fit on a stock Pro without rubbing.

So the new ones will be offered in a 6.5 foot bed with the full four doors? The crew cab I think it’s called not the foot shorter lame doors.

Back