Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

2022 controlled hunts

big elk

It that time of year again for the controlled hunts draw results. I have not drawn before and I know each species and location will differ, but how many points has it taken for people to draw hunts?

I drew the Cimarron antelope doe hunt with 4 points. My father in law drew the Wichita NWR cow tag in 2019 with 2 points. I've got 11 points for elk, 9 for deer, and 3 for Turkey. With Oklahoma's bonus point system you always have a chance but never really know when or if you'll draw. I applied for the walk in only any elk tag in the Wichita's this year. Between Thanksgiving falling in the middle of the 5 day hunt and the walk in only aspect(which scares a lot of okies away) I'm hoping this will be my year for a elk tag. Goodluck!

Just a few more days for the rejection letter! Can't wait.
All sarcasm aside I do always have a sliver of hope. I would really like that bull elk tag someday.

I put in for the walk in bull elk and deer Wichita Mtns. I drew the first year cow tag at 18 years old when I got my lifetime license in 1992. It was quite a hunt and pack out. Good luck

My sister shot a cy Curtis qualifying bull in Wichita last year, she had close to 10 points.

Dad drew buck antelope with around 20 pts 5 years ago.

I've drawn a few deer tags over the years but none of the OIL tags yet

I'm sitting on..
Elk 15 points
Pronghorn 12 points
Turkey 9 points
Deer 6 points
I missed applying a few times when I was younger and dumber. I should realistically have about 22 or so points for elk and pronghorn providing i didn't draw those years I forgot to apply.
I have deer hunted at Macalester 2 or 3 times. Never was overly impressed so I quit applying there and hope to draw deer at Witchita some day.

Last edited:
Nothing for me this year. My nephew drew the Washita nwr doe hunt and my hunting partner drew the Beaver wma rifle hunt.

Drew a deer gun hunt at San Bois in October. Anyone hunt that hunt or WMA before? It is a fairly new WMA
Added a preference point to the elk, antelope, and turkey category.

Thank you Oklahoma. 2022 controlled hunt buck. Biologist aged him at 7.5 years old at checkout.
View attachment 251143View attachment 251142
That's an awesome buck! The controlled hunt program is fantastic

Hunting this week north of Tulsa visiting family. So far our group has 4 does in the cooler, saw a nice buck for a split second this morning at 100 yds but couldn't stop him in time

I'm sitting on 10 pts each for elk and pronghorn. 7 turkey and 2 deer.

I'm hopeful for an elk tag every year but realistically I'm still 15 years out LOL

I've drawn MCAAP twice over the years. 2 years ago I got a quality pass and got to go back last year. The hunting was completely different from 1 year to the next. 2 years ago was the best 2.5 days of deer hunting I've ever had. Just couldn't quite seal the deal on a couple different really nice bucks.

I'm sitting on 10 pts each for elk and pronghorn. 7 turkey and 2 deer.

I'm hopeful for an elk tag every year but realistically I'm still 15 years out LOL

I've drawn MCAAP twice over the years. 2 years ago I got a quality pass and got to go back last year. The hunting was completely different from 1 year to the next. 2 years ago was the best 2.5 days of deer hunting I've ever had. Just couldn't quite seal the deal on a couple different really nice bucks.
Is MCAAP trad only? I've read a bunch about the program there it sounds really cool. Would love to participate some day

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back