2022-2023 Waterfowl Pics Thread

Great photo and some nice looking birds. I'm a little surprised a the neoprene waders in that part of the country. I gave up on them a long time ago here because of sweat.

Give them to me for 15 min ill have them leaking like a boat on the three stooges.
I've never had a pair of waders, any kind or price, that didn't leak. And hiking into spots is SOOO much better is breathables. Though I've also gone to putting my waders in my decoy bag for the hike in. The boots always suck so bad for my skinny feet.

This is our floating blind in a flooded island on the Sacramento/San Juaquin delta. It's public water and for being just on the edge of the SF bay area we're very fortunate to have it. A combination of hugely reduced rice crops in the Sacramento valley and favorable weather have helped us have a great year so far with more weather in the forecast. Three man limit today with the first banded Pintail any of us have gotten. At least a five year old bird from the report.
View attachment 258341View attachment 258342View attachment 258343

I know Frank's Tract when I see it.....

Green wings are underrated.
Absolutely!! Young friends showed me a new trick on them today. Pluck and cut off the breast and leg, but keep them attached together with skin and fat. Have some plans for them…. We were all stoked to shoot the teal, its one of my favorite birds, and theirs too.

Snows and spoons will be made into sausage.

Whoa the poor bastard that gets the sausage ? Lol
So the young friends are ages 14 and 17. Boys to me but they are already young men and the older one is a bigger than me lol. They have a great recipe and make some amazing sausage out of them. Im picky with ducks - wont eat a snow or spoon ever normally, but shoot them to even the population out. We ate a bunch of last years sausage during bow season on the mtn this year. So the poor bastards… are us.

Took a little walk on my property mid day. I have a 5-6 acre reservoir and 2 small stock ponds. There were a few ducks on the reservoir but it's near impossible to sneak up on way to open especially with how low it currently is. But managed to jump shoot this loner of the stock pond right behind the house.20230102_134304.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back